This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Lip Pleco's

So I purchased 2 of these things, weeks ago and Have only seen them RARELY....even cleaned my tank and gravel vacuumed and only saw 1? And haven't seen either all day... Cute and all BUT geez do they spend all there time hiding?
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

My brother's is the same lol... Makes for a great game of I spy lol
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

LoL... I don't feel like playing eye spy... I want to see these things stuck to the glass and playing in sand

~Anthony

Comment

Lol then they will win at hide.and seek haha
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Yeap...they win... *frowny face*

~Anthony

Comment

Ummm... Maybe rearrange the tank? I have always known plecos of all breeds to be hiders
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I NEVER see my clown pleco. It is always hiding. In fact, with all this pleco talk, I think I am going to disassemble his cave today to see if he is still even in the tank. I used to see his tail swish around once in a while, but I haven't even seen that in forever.
              __________________________________________________ __________
              Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I used to feed my nocturnal fish after lights out so they could be more comfortable, however, I got sick of not seeing them. As kind of a test I quit feeding at night making food only available during the day and within a week I saw significantly more of my cories and pleco. I don't know if you feed at night but this may be worth a shot.
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I think my Krib bullies them into hiding?

~Anthony

Comment

I think they find a cozy spot and just stay there. I was feeding mine during the day but right into his cave so of course he never came out. Right now he is royally peeved at me. I moved some of the rocks around so the roof of his cave is a lot more open than it was and now I can see where he was hiding all the time. Had himself a nice little nook in the one piece of wood.
                    __________________________________________________ __________
                    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I used to hardly ever see my BN Pleco... not sure if it was the length of time he was in the tank to the point he got comfortable or what, but as soon as I added some ottos he started to come out more. Go figure.
                      Gingerone's Tanks:
                      55 Gal: Harlequin Rasboras x 20 , Panda Cory x 6 , Green Cory x 3 , Oto x 2 , BN Pleco, 3 Mystery Snails, MTS and Nerite x 4
                      20 Gallon X-High: FW in process of becoming a Riparium
                      Future Proposed Stocking: 15 Coral Red Pencilfish (if my LFS can get them!)

Comment

I've seen them a little more...BUT They still hide ALL the time lol...

~Anthony

Comment

I find that my BN has her days where she wants to be out and seen and then other days where she just wants to hide. There are plenty of caves in the tank but usually she takes up residence behind the filter intake. If not she is on a piece of wood in the tank somewhere.
                          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Both my RL's took up residence behind the intake and UV Sterilizer... I mashed them close together and tried using tall grass to hide them... well 2 chunks didn't cut it BUT a few more should... I think I made them a nice large corner cubby cave lol

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                            X