This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buried Beefheart

I do this from time to time so bottom feeders get a crack at it before its all gone.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Great idea Matt! Your fish look wonderfully healthy
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Thanks Al, I can't take credit though, I found it floating around somewhere on the vast web. I will take credit for the healthy comment though.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Awesome idea. I'm going to try now.
        Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

That is a great idea. Gonna try that next time.
          __________________________________________________ __________
          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

that is a great idea. might have to do that sometime to feed some night critters.
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthStar View Post
              Awesome idea. I'm going to try now.
              Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
              That is a great idea. Gonna try that next time.
              How'd it go? Did your bottom dwellers say they never had it so good?

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Haven't done it yet. Wednesday is treat day.
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I put one in each of the big tanks yesterday morning. The cories in the 150 had a field day digging it out. In the 75, I barely had my hand out of the tank and the blood parrots dug it out. It looked like they were playing soccer with it so I went to grab my phone to film it. By the time I got back to the tank, they were swallowing the last of it. I was afraid they were going to get sick because it was frozen, but apparently they didn't care.
                  Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Haha!! I'm glad your cories got a kick out of it

Leave it to a BP to immediately dig up anything you try to plant/bury! lol! I have just tossed they frozen cube in before more than once and let them pick at it and never had an issue.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I always thawed the frozen cubes out is a bit of tank water. Don't think I'll bother anymore.
                      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

What a cool idea Matt! My cories LOVE beefheart. As do my BPs and I usually just put it in frozen too and let them eat if from my hand. Get them distracted and then make sure some gets down to the bottom feeders.
                        Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are foot prints on the moon!! (anon)

Comment

I used to as well Lori, one day I just decided to toss it in instead of waiting around for it to thaw and turkey bastering it in, the rest is history.

Originally posted by luvroffish View Post
                          What a cool idea Matt! My cories LOVE beefheart. As do my BPs and I usually just put it in frozen too and let them eat if from my hand. Get them distracted and then make sure some gets down to the bottom feeders.
                          Try it out girl!! It works just as well with any frozen cube too. Now you don't have to distract anyone, you can just feed and enjoy watching them trying to get at it. Either that or just watch the BP's tear it out of the ground like Lori! loL!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I tried it but not successful. My non bottom dweller fish were picking at it before my bottom dweller fish.
                            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Weird, the bottom dwellers have much better equipment for finding that kind of stuff, I've found if too much gets uncovered the rest of the fish will just frenzy and get it. If it goes to plan, there is very little that can be seen and the rest of them just wait for the cories to dig up more, like in the video.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                              X