Bettas for the front porch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bettas for the front porch

Okay so i saw this blog once where I person had 2 big pots outside there door holding water plants and they made it to where the they had enough water for each pot to have 1 betta.... now I was thinking this summer it would be cool to have my mangrooves potted in MGOS with a sand cap and if i do this I think it would be neat to have a couple bettas as well... (2 pots 3 magrooves each 1 betta per pot) the summers here get warm enough I feel its safe and i can always bring them indoors when it gets to cold (which is the plan btw) I haven't found a pot that makes me happy yet but i plan to check Walmart, home depot, and Lowes out tomorrow... anyways do you guys think this would work? Oh yes i plan to have some kind of net covering to prevent escapes and unwanted critters feasting on my bettas...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

I don't think you weather will be warm enough. During the day, yeah but what kind of temperatures do you hit at night?
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

The lows are normally about 75*-78* (which is about where I keep my tanks)
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

sounds like it could work...

BTW check AC moore and or Micheals or some other craft store for some pot like bowls or such. They always seem to have some larger ones.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Interesting idea. I used to keep lotus pots outside with fish in it. Usually things like guppies and danios but I also had bettas in quite a few of them. Course my weather was MUCH warmer than yours.
          -Jonathan

Comment

Back home my father has those wheel barrels pots that he got from home depot and keeps mosquitoe fish in them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I was thinking mosquitoe fish as well because those guys are kinda cool looking! I already planed to get some for the pond this year.... maybe if I got a large enough pot mix a few in with the betta nah wouldn't want to over stock the pot xD
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Go for Daisy Ricefish instead of mosquito fish! They're just as annoying but more colorful lol.
                -Jonathan

Comment

You never sent me any of your ricefish Rogue....
                  Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Never heard of ricefish.... how are they more annoying than a livebearer?
                    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Not more, just as annoying. Not just any ricefish. Daisy Ricefish.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Found a nice plastic pot I would like to use for my project... I just pulled them from the box to lol... I was planning to fill it a third with mgos and cap with 2" of mts sand and add a 25w heater for the bettas... I have no clue where to get rice fish so yeah bettas it is lol... I will try to monitor the heat and also figure out a way to cover it

Size
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I know where to get ricefish. Just sayin'...
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Lol sorry I keep forgetting that you have mad connections lol
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I think he proved that mad connections fall below what he can do lol
                              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X