Fiesta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiesta

I was going to wait and post this and do the game Rogue likes to play with new arrivals but after sending the picture to SK and hearing his back story I decided to not play games since I may need help with his health...

I am adopting a betta from a person on FL who said they cah't keep him because it killed all the snails in the tank and injured its tank mate (the bettas tank was being used for a QT if you believe that... the fish in question was an African leaf fish... yeah let that one soak in a bit... you know the bettas bad when it can take on a nasty leaf fish... and win.

Anyways I had asked for a picture of the betta after agreeing to take him and i think he is beautiful but I noticed something kinda off so I sent a picture to the betta master SK he told me he was really skinny and when i get him feed him 3-4 pellets a day and fast for two days no flake foods... so needless to say I was goin to have him shipped priority but now I asked for overnight... he will ship out monday and i hope to have him Tuesday... the picture i was sent is below...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	141596

The picture is sideways... not sure how to fix it...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Pretty colors Hope you can fix him up, and give him a proper home

Comment

He will have a 40g all to him self right now :-) so yes he will have an awesome home :-) I am goin to go to home depot tomorrow and see if mine carries driftwood like CJs... if so I plan to pick up 2 pieces for the 40g and one for the 26g...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I'm not sure what you'll end up doing to try to get him back to 100%, Sk probably will advise you best. If you're going to be doing fish protector, vita chem and frequent pwcs I would put him in something smaller if you have it available to save some $$$$$$.

Good luck
        __________________________________________________ _____
        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Honestly I have no clue what to use to et him feeling better or if he is even sick... I know he is skinny from being starved (or not fed enough) but that's about it... and the 40 is the onky tank I have available right now that doesn't have shrimp or another betta in it... if I have to I will see about picking up a 5g kit from walmart or petsmart until he is well enough for the 40... til then I only plan to plant the 40 no other life will go in it...
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

He is going to be one lucky boy with a 40 gallon to himself
            Might want to get him a betta log so he has got somewhere to sleep

Once you have him and can monitor him you'll know the best course of action for him I think his name should be Bach (because you'll be bringing him back to happiness. Cheesy I know but sue me )
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Lol Bach fits with me naming my bettas after music related stuff... (Maverick was the fluke though) and i like the name :-) I planned to buy him some fake plants to attach to the sides and the log already so that he will be able to rest near the top so he doesn't exhaust himself just yet with swimming all the time...

I am a little peaved(sp) the owner hasn't messaged me about the overnight shipping cost so I can send it to them... its start I g worry me a bit I messaged them two days ago and they said they would get back to me yesterday.... (btw how cool is tapatalk... I just got it on my tablet!)
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Yikes. Definitely try to put him in a smaller tank. It'll cost less to treat and be easier to do waterchanges. Looks like that guy is in some serious need of IAL and frequent feedings. Don't feed a lot when you get him. Try to feed small amounts at least twice a day. I'd also keep his tank pretty dark. I've noticed my bettas much prefer to be in a shaded area when they aren't feeling up to par.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Tapatalk rules lol and I remembered you like the musical theme I hope they get back to you

Comment

I think what I will do is move maverick from the betta imbellis setup and stick him in the 40 for a bit and let Back chill in that tank since it is smaller and has IAL already... I was told to feed him 3-4 pellets a day and fast twice a day... I was thinking 2 pellets in the morning and 2 at night... I also plan to go to the lfs and buy him some omega one pellets since those are suppose to be way better then the betta stuff I have now...

They will... I am just going ti blame it on school getting in their online e time...
                    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Yay I'm glad you picked Bach as his name I think you have a good plan unless you can squeeze a 5 or 10 gallon into your room

Comment

Actually a 10 g would fit great under my saltwater stand lol... Parents made a mistake in telling me I can have all the tanks I want it I pay the electric and water bill... I pay electric already what's anouther$35 water bill
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Still not a bad Deal!! When do you get him ?
                          Matt

Comment

They finally messaged me while I was at work! (S)he will send him Monday overnight and I should get him Tuesday... bad thing is i work Tuesday so I will leave my parents instructions to float him in my tank for an hour and release him... when I get home I will asses the damage... this is my 2nd time ever getting a fish through the mail so i hope I don't (or they) mess this up...
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Probably best to leave him in the box till you get home...
                              -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X