Betta People?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betta People?

Do we have any Betta people here? I've got 5. What bettas do you guys have?
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Re: Betta People?

I used to have hundreds... I don't like bettas anymore lol.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94
      I used to have hundreds... I don't like bettas anymore lol.
      Lol. Is there even much money in breeding them?

Comment

Depends on where you are and what kind you have. I bred show quality ones and they sold fairly well. I had one betta that won "Betta of Asia" three years running. And then he died lol.
        -Jonathan

Comment

I had 2 since I started fishkeeping. One was given to Lexi03 because I just didn't have room for him and the other lived for about a year and then just disappeared.... To this day I have no idea what happened to him.

I still have my mom's betta in my 75g community tank. I always forget about him because he is so calm and just swims around with the other fish.

Before I knew about fishkeeping, my mom got a betta and put it in an unfiltered, unheated, vase that was lucky to get 3 or 4 water changes a year and that betta lived for 4 and a half years!

Comment

I have tried to keep bettas off an on. Most recently I tried several from LFS and a couple from rescues. Not one betta lived longer than 6 months. I am currently giving them a break. While I suspect the LFS bettas are the reason for the short lives, I also wonder if it is something I am doing wrong!

Don't get me wrong. I still love them...just have no luck keeping them.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

This is my betta I got from a breeder. He's by far my favorite. There is a huge diffrence between him and my cup bettas. He's active, responsive and super friendly. Not to mention he's a good looking guy

Comment

I'm a betta mummy I have Mordin a white marble crown tail with a bit of a pearl sheen I'm not sure what his official colouring name is I call him pretty lol. He is a complete looney and I love him to bits although he is in a mood this morning because I slept in and his breakfast was late lol he is currently continuously flaring at me hmmmmmmm
                Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I've got.... 7 of them? They're like potato chips. You can't have just one. Which is why I don't like potato chips.... <.<

Comment

Originally posted by Akari_32
                    I've got.... 7 of them? They're like potato chips. You can't have just one. Which is why I don't like potato chips.... <.<
                    LOL so true.

Comment

I don't really think i need to describe my betta obsession to you guys do i XP. I mean, yeah. YEAH.
                      My life is chemical. Blood laced with status quo.
                      "I am a firm believer that if you love something enough you set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies." Mindy Kaling

Comment

I actually don't have any. Never have and currently don't have the space for one. They do look interesting but just haven't had the push to get one.
                        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Here is a picture of Typhoon. He was one of my favorite guys.

-Jonathan

Comment

quite the looker he is.
                            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

He was quite a breeder as well. Produced excellent colors and was a great at taking care of fry. He fostered quite a few batches for stupid males LOL.
                              -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X