Boris the betta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boris the betta

I haven't really given Boris his spot in the limelight, as I've been so focused on Vlad's fins. But Boris' fins were looking pretty sad awhile ago, too. I uploaded a picture from when I first got him, and a couple from when his fins were looking extra tattered (probably from nipping).

And here he is now! http://imgur.com/a/F56wp His fins are 90% back to normal, I would say. A tiiiny bit shorter, and every so often they get a few splits in the end. Maybe the filter's current is too swift and I should make a baffle. But he's definitely doing great! His color looks the same in most of the pictures, but it's actually quite dynamic. Sometimes he looks bright blue, sometimes emerald green, and sometimes an in-between teal. That's actually why I named him Boris, his colors - blue, green, black - made me think of the aurora borealis, and "Aurora" is a lady name, so I modified "Borealis" a bit to "Boris." Then I decided to stick with the Russian theme and that's how Vlad and Igor got their names (Makar is technically Russian, but I named him after Makar in Zelda Wind Waker because he's so gosh darn adorable.)
    Attached Files

He's gorgeous
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Thanks NS! Hopefully he can get fully back to his former glory. I'll have to figure out how to make a baffle for the filter; earlier today his fins were fine (well, "fine" as in normal for these days) but when I went to take the pictures this evening there were little splits, like little finger projections, and they're always in the same area. I'm putting a couple drops of vita-chem in every night, plus a whole dose with water changes as well as Kordon fish protector.

Comment

He is a beautiful little boy.
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

He is a handsome little chappy
          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

That is so great Zumi! I agree, he looks about 90% regrown!! Whoever recommended that stuff deserves automatic full rep bars.
            __________________________________________________ _____
            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Thanks guys!

LOL Matt you have to work your way up there like the rest of us

Comment

Working...
              X