Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Almond leaves

Hello

I have often read that Indian almond leaves can have benefits for betta fish and as I have just set myself up on eBay (I know dangerous ) I was wondering what the benefits are?

I can get grade A leaves don't know what the differences are but was wondering if these would be worth getting for Mordin and Henry?

Thank you in advance
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

IAL are awesome! I love them. They release tannins into the water, they soften the water, and they promote growth of microscopic organisms which small fry and such can eat. They also help a lot with infections and fungus when a fish is sick. I use them in all my tanks. I add an extra leaf whenever a fish gets sick or tears up its fins because they heal faster IME. I've read something about the leaves helping gill function but I don't remember where I read it.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Hello Jonathan so definitely worth getting sounds like they may be able to help Henry.

I think my LFS sells them where I am going to on Sunday so I will pick some up if not then eBay it is.

I have really had to restrain myself there's so much stuff I want to buy

Comment

If you do have to go the eBay route when i got my IAL aquaticmagic sold the cheapest leaves and i got mine in a somewhat timely manner.... also you can just leave the leaves in the tank and the snails will eventually eat them I don't remove my leaves....

I also read there are people who make a tea out of the leaves and poor that into their tanks... though i can't say for sure if it has the same curative properties...
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Comment

That's kinda expensive. I hope they are big!

Yes, they last a very long time
            -Jonathan

Comment

I had added 2 leaves to my 10g with my CT when I got him and it took the snails about three months to get the leaves eaten and my water a month later is still off color so yeah lasts a while I need to add a couple more leaves now...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
              2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
              1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
              40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
              "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

The color will come out with waterchanges.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                X