The sailfin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sailfin

She is so stinkin' cute! She has such an extreme "comfort zone", yet just like any pleco, is very food driven. I like bothering her when food is out.

You can see when she's considering abandoning the food and going into hiding. She almost always sticks it out lol She has yet to decide that food is worth fighting for, though. She won't fend off the other fish. She'll just sit back and wait for a chance to jump back in lol This is why I put a bunch of pellets in, AND 3 algea wafers. She's bound to get a nibble of something XD

Side note: So many "she's"! This fish needs a name!!@.@ also, one of you mod-type people will have to imbed the video for me ;3
    Last edited by RogueAgent94; 03-05-2013, 07:12 AM. Reason: Video fixed

I love plecos. They are so ugly that they are beautiful, if that makes any sense. Fascinating fish.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

She's so big!! At least 3x the size she was last time I saw her.

Hahaha I love at the start of the video how she is munching away until you come closer and then the munching stops. All the fins go down and then she just stares at you. You move away and fins go up and munching continues LOL.
      -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
        I love plecos. They are so ugly that they are beautiful, if that makes any sense. Fascinating fish.
        What!?? I think she's gorgeous! Commons, Rhinos, and male BNs, however, are an acquired taste LOL

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
        She's so big!! At least 3x the size she was last time I saw her.

Hahaha I love at the start of the video how she is munching away until you come closer and then the munching stops. All the fins go down and then she just stares at you. You move away and fins go up and munching continues LOL.
        She got huge, didnt she?? Didn't see her for like 2 months in the 20 long, and when I went to move her to this tank, she was HUUUUUGE!! She went into hiding and had a major growth spurt. Got real beefy LOL

I know! I just love that XD "Oh no, she's coming, hide!" -fins all go down- "Ok, she's gone!" -springs back into action- LOL I was actually sitting arms length away taking that video. I didn't want to scare her off. She never completely hid, which is really good for her. She loves that log lol After I put my phone away, all the other fish realized that there was still food in the tank and all swarmed the wafer. She sat in front of her log and watched as the Molly, platies, Endlers and danios pushed her wafer around lol poor girl XD

Comment

Haha! I love that part, she like "I am now invisible" LOL! Beautiful pleco Akari
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Haha, thanks Matt! I'll hate to see her go back out side, but my BNs got a date this spring
            Last edited by Akari_32; 03-05-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

She'll love it I'm sure! She can be a much better ninja fish in a pond

I like to think I play musical fish but you have me beaten many times over Akari! At least your fish don't get bored
              __________________________________________________ _____
              Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
              110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I suppose lol Atleast her gorgeous gold will come back out when she's in the natural sunlight.

Haha, yeeeeeeah. Sometimes, every couple of months, I'll move fish all around just for something to do LOL I like to change things up sometimes

Comment

Wow! She DID get really big! She must be eating a lot to grow so fast. haha

Comment

She likes to eat LOL

Comment

she looks awesome
                      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thanks Jim

Comment

Pretty!!! My BN's fins are constantly disappearing and I have no idea why...weekly 50% water changes with lots of vacuuming, nitrates stay below 10, but her caudal fin is pretty darn short. I'm jealous of your plecos fins

Comment

Thanks perhaps someone is nibbling on your BNs fins?

Comment

I'm not sure who it would be (rainbows, platies, rams). I've never seen anyone bothering her, and she's super active for a pleco, always scooting around the walls and rocks and such. It happened awhile ago, and then they were almost completely grown back, but then they started disintegrating again. The points of her pectoral fins are missing, the caudal fin is very short, and there's a bit missing from the dorsal fin too. It doesn't look tattery like my betta with probable finrot; the lines are very smooth. Her caudal fin looks completely normal and healthy, it's just way too short I miss those little white corners haha.

I started dosing with vita-chem in hopes of helping them heal, and now all my fish seem to be freaking out about it (Re: my other thread)

Comment

Working...
                              X