What's Up With Rasp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Up With Rasp?

I came home tonight to my 29g to find my panama red bn pleco with her stressed colors and barely moving. No signs of injury, no signs of disease. Tested water 0/0/5-10, temp is 79 as usual. All the other fish look fine except one leopard cory who looks like he bumped his head and made an indent right behind an eye. And the rest of them seem to be hyperactive. No one is breathing heavily though, just like it's food time.

Immediately did a 50% water change, poked the sand (no bubbles) primed and put Rasp in the little breeder with a plant. She went up to the surface a few times to grab air. Tank has 1 canister pointed at the surface, one HOB and one long bubble wand. Put in an algae wafer with Rasp as she normally goes nuts for them, nothing.

She has been super aggressive over the past week or so, chasing the cories heavily whenever they came near her food.
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

She could have just stressed herself out, with no other signs right now I would point it towards a self induced stress fit and see if a little isolation and good food helped her calm down. If she starts eating again I would try to get her back into population if there are no other signs of issues so that hopefully she can find a corner of the tank and relax with her normal area.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Didn't you just add a clown to this tank? That would be the main cause IMO>
      -Jonathan

Comment

She was being super aggressive before the clown addition. But yeah, I'm leaning towards the clown as the catalyst to today's oddness.
        Last edited by Raerianna; 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM.
        ~Erin
        10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

I suspect that she has been argueing with your new clown over territory. I would keep an eye on them as the clown is only in there temporarily hopefully things will work themselves out
          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I figured there would be some issues, but not enough that Rasp would have a fit as they're both still fairly small and have plenty of hiding places around and in the driftwood. Here's to hoping the 55g finishes soon so I can get Rasp in there where she belongs.
            ~Erin
            10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Rasp is back in the main tank after eating last night, and voraciously attacking her zucchini again with a lot of activity. Here's keeping my fingers crossed the "time out" did her good.
              ~Erin
              10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

sometimes all it takes is a little break from reality. Glad to hear things are well again.
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                X