No announcement yet.

What specie is your favorite Corydoras?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What specie is your favorite Corydoras?

I would say, mine would have to be the dwarf varieties. I love seeing a school of 10+ in tank hovering mid column and then watching the swim to my plants and rest on the leaves. I will try to get a picture next time.

The only dwarf variety I have are- Corydoras pygmaeus (Pygmy Cory). Wish I can find Habrosus Corydoras but I am not willing to pay for shipping.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

I love cories period. I don't know the latin names but right now I have 6 albino and 6 panda cories in my 75G, 6 albino, 6 peppered and 1 lonely skunk (I can't find any more ) in my 150 and I just got 6 pygmy cories that I divided between 2 10G betta tanks. I could watch them all day - such antics.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

STERBAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them Though they're just as quirky as the others I think once mature they are one of the most beautiful of the Corydoras. Orange fins and my older ones have kinda emerald sheen on their flanks.
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
      110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I am biased but mine of course are Eques I love my chunky monkeys

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364232698.416067.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	137841
        This is an old picture I need to update their purply blue is really starting to come out and there orange tops

When the snuffle army approaches its a sight to behold and they are getting less shy day by day
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I love my albinos they are a hoot!
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
          1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
          40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
            I love cories period. I don't know the latin names but right now I have 6 albino and 6 panda cories in my 75G, 6 albino, 6 peppered and 1 lonely skunk (I can't find any more ) in my 150 and I just got 6 pygmy cories that I divided between 2 10G betta tanks. I could watch them all day - such antics.
            I would love to have a 150g and have tons of Cories and watch them breed. I agree, I love all Cories thankfully the Emerald Cory isn't really a cory because I'm not a fan of those.

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
            STERBAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them Though they're just as quirky as the others I think once mature they are one of the most beautiful of the Corydoras. Orange fins and my older ones have kinda emerald sheen on their flanks.
            I love the Orange on the fins...unfortunately Sterbai are really expensive. I am kicking myself because I saw an add on CL for a breeding colony of Sterbai that I didn't get.

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
            I am biased but mine of course are Eques I love my chunky monkeys

[ATTACH]790[/ATTACH]
            This is an old picture I need to update their purply blue is really starting to come out and there orange tops

When the snuffle army approaches its a sight to behold and they are getting less shy day by day
            That is a stunning Corydoras. We don't really have rare types near me. Everything has to be done via net which I'm not a fan of.
            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

I love my corydoras habrosus and also my "false" julii (trilineatus). They're so playful!

Comment

I love panda cories Someone posted a picture of a pretty variety, pale background with tiny dark speckles, but I don't remember who it was or what kind they were

Matt, I figured you would drop by this thread

Comment

I have an excellent LFS that has pretty much any type of cory going I was so spoilt for choice but couldn't resist the eques I may even add a couple more to their army but that's for another thread
                  Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Hmmmm, tough one. i guess it would be Discus. African Mbunas are a close second.
                    -Tom

Comment

Originally posted by kinezumi89 View Post
                      Matt, I figured you would drop by this thread
                      It had to be either me or Al, we are both unreasonably in love with Sterbai's
                      __________________________________________________ _____
                      Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                      110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I guess my favorite would have to be corydoras hasbrosus.

Comment

Sterbai!!!!
                          When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Originally posted by Disc61 View Post
                            Hmmmm, tough one. i guess it would be Discus. African Mbunas are a close second.
                            I don't think discus and African mbunas are a type of corydoras lol

Comment

I love my peppers, they're so fat and happy. And the salt and pepper (can't spell the latin, but they're dwarf) are just adorable.
                              ~Erin
                              10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Working...
                              X