Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bare bottom?

Hey guys,

I have a huge problem with diatoms in my tank so I am thinking of going barebottom to see if that helps..

How do Cory cats do with a barebottom tank?
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

I'm assuming you think that you're getting silicates out of the sand? And that's what is causing the diatoms.

Corries should be fine with a barebottom tank. I've done it before for breeding purposes. But I think they prefer to have a nice sand bed to dig around in.
    -Jonathan

Comment

I was considering taking out some sand and washing it for like a day...

Then putting it in tray in the tank or something so they would have some sand to play in if they wanted... But jot having the whole tank full of sand, I just gotta atop these diatoms... My tank and decor is brown every three days
      When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Loo if you put a tray of sand in then it'll be ALL over the tank in a couple hours. Corries aren't clean fish lol.
        -Jonathan

Comment

Nerite snails would be my suggestion if you can get them
          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I can but they are expensive over here... and I have no money at all since I paid off all my debts lol (no talking about you Sarah! I had like 2,000 worth of debts I just paid off) I wanna get some of your snails as if would be good for both of us but I just cannot get a response from the place I keep emailing, I'm starting to think they aren't a thing anymore lol

Comment

I guess road trip to Ireland it is then if we ever do come over I could bring you an amazing care package

Comment

That'd be awesome, if I get some cash together I also might invite myself to your place lol!

I was thinking we should just go for it and try send the snails, what do you think?

Comment

Let me ask around and ask some questions as I may have to use a courier service ill find out I'm planning on visiting an LFS or two this week and one ships fish regularly I will definitely send you some mts and if I can get some some nerites too I only have two otherwise I would send you some of mine.
                  Bazz, Inga, Ezio and Altair the assassins are the only ones that aren't prolific at the moment lol

You are always welcome in my humble abode Al

Comment

http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/Oli...Nerita-sp/3642

is this them? I can afford a tenner for 4 of these guys...

Comment

Yes that's them they come in many different shell colours mine are blood tiger nerites I think but all nerites are purty

I used to have two large zebra striped nerites but I lost them when I lost everything else when my 12 gallon edge had problems RIP Flash and Dot

Comment

please tell me the "Temperature:Green, Black" makes sense to you guys lol...
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

The olive colored ones kind of look like big ticks to me.
                          __________________________________________________ __________
                          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

It doesn't as I can't see it lol

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
                              The olive colored ones kind of look like big ticks to me.
                              Lol Lori they're still pretty in their own way

Comment

Working...
                              X