I might do it....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might do it....

Cories are totally on sale for $1 at Petsmart, both Peppered and Albino. I dot know which ones to get! On one hand, I have black FloraMax (has brown speckles, though). On the other hand, I already have two albino BNs. Peppered Cories stay smaller, but thealbinos have a better contrast. They could go in either the 29 or the 50. My stocks can be found here (minus one Platy, 2 Endlers, the panda Cory, and the assorted fry in the 29, and plus 6 danios in the 50 gallon): http://www.everythingaquatic.net/for...ll=1#post23412

What do you guys think? One of them, both of them, neither, which tank? I can move fish around no problems, as well, if need be.

Get the Albino Cory.... I couldn't believe how small they are here for sale... so it would be cool to watch them grow...
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

They get pretty big though, don't they? Like 2 inches or so?

Comment

Error... ummmm I thought they get like 2-3 inches .. I never really considered that big... what size tank?
        It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
        As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Personally, I'm not a fan of albino's, Id get 8 or so peppered for the 50g. Most likely the albinos are Aeneus and should grow up to be tanks! Like 3" and very husky.
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            Error... ummmm I thought they get like 2-3 inches .. I never really considered that big... what size tank?
            Well, the 50 has goldfish, and will be also used for breeding my BNs. So, the bioload in that tank will be quite high when the goldfish get much bigger. They could go in either the 50 or 29, though.

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
            Personally, I'm not a fan of albino's, Id get 8 or so peppered for the 50g. Most likely the albinos are Aeneus and should grow up to be tanks! Like 3" and very husky.
            What all types do the albinos come in?

Comment

The only ones I've seen are Bronze cories (Aeneus), I have heard of other albino species, I think albinism is a possibilty with all species but from what I understand the vast majority available commercially are bronze. I have no clue why.
              __________________________________________________ _____
              Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
              110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

My peppereds are 3-4 inches long and very fat, but I vote for them because I dislike albinos.
                ~Erin
                10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                  The only ones I've seen are Bronze cories (Aeneus), I have heard of other albino species, I think albinism is a possibilty with all species but from what I understand the vast majority available commercially are bronze. I have no clue why.
                  I know albino is possible is any type lol I meant what they are usually sold in lol

Originally posted by Raerianna View Post
                  My peppereds are 3-4 inches long and very fat, but I vote for them because I dislike albinos.
                  Wow, really? Everyone says 1 1/2 to 2 inches...!

Comment

Sometimes dwarf corys are referred to as peppered but most sold at Pet smart and Petco are the kind that get very big.

Comment

I vote Albino but thats because i love mine so much :* oh and thanks for alerting me to the sale and i need to fill out my cory school!
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

There are dwarves called salt and pepper Cories.

Comment

I may have gotten the huge versions...or can't measure under water, they're bigger than 2.
                          ~Erin
                          10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Peppered cory and salt and pepper cory's are different. I have some of each.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...species_id=482

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...species_id=271

Comment

Salt and pepper cories have more white to them, and obviously stay very small lol

Comment

Working...
                              X