QTing Otocinculus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QTing Otocinculus

I'm wanting to up my school of Otocinculus in my 100g tank but curious how you all QT them?

My problem is that I've never had luck feeding my Otocinculus with man made food (algae wafers, zukes, cukes, etc...) They would literally ignore them. How are they suppose to eat in a QT tank? Should I put them in an establish shrimp tank that has plenty of Algae growth?

Re: QTing Otocinculus

You could put them in an established shrimp tank. I usually just grew algae outside for a couple weeks before getting them. If you have a large tub you could get a piece of driftwood and some rocks and soak them in water outside with a lot of ferts in the water. Just cover the top with plastic and you have instant algae!
    -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94
      You could put them in an established shrimp tank. I usually just grew algae outside for a couple weeks before getting them. If you have a large tub you could get a piece of driftwood and some rocks and soak them in water outside with a lot of ferts in the water. Just cover the top with plastic and you have instant algae!
      Great idea. I never even thought about this idea as well and it will a lot easier fishing them out of the QT tank versus the Shrimp tank. Thanks.

Comment

You should add some Elodea or hornwort to the outside tub as well. Or any other plant you may want to super grow. Careful with some plants like anubias though. They don't like high temps.
        -Jonathan

Comment

the two plants I don't have ;-)

Comment

Get some waterlettuce or water hyacinth while your at it. Then you can have a fry bin if needed. Great for breeding corries too.
            -Jonathan

Comment

Use your free dwarf sag...lol. It is already used to being in the California heat.
              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
              Socrates

Comment

Working...
              X