Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleco dilemma...

I don't know what to do guys!

I have a female bn (Ninja) at a friends house that want to get back because I think my new little bn is male.

I CURRENTLY in my possession have the new bn, a sailfin (4 inches) and a clown that is basically just a waste of bioload (he never leaves his driftwood, EVER. Not even at night). He comes out to eat and that's it. Never see the thing. How ever, he's my little buddy... All my plecos are!

I can either house the sailfin in the 50 until she gets too large (the original plan, then she's moved to the pond, or I have my 75 at that point), house the BNs in the 20 long with a bunch of smaller fish, and rehome the clown, OR put the sailfin in the pond in the spring and house the BNs in the 50 and keep the clown in the 20 long.

The rest of the stock for the 50 are 2-3 goldfish, 4 swamp darters, 5 danios, and a trio of platies. The 20 long is going to house a female betta, neons, least killies, 3 sparkling gourami, and 4 male platies. The trouble is working the plecos in some how... Thoughts?
    Last edited by Akari_32; 02-08-2013, 09:08 PM.

I like your last choice listed... move the sail in to the pond (since its going that way anyways) BNs in the 50 and clown in the 20 :-)
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

But I love getting to see my sailfin I need to stop liking fish that poop too much! LOL Either way she can't go out there until its warmed up for good lol

Comment

Well dh doing it now would be stupid lol... and if its your original plan then just do it :-) I am sure you can fish him out during the fall and bring him back in :-)
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Yeah, she'll have to winter indoors lol payed 25 bucks for that fish! I'm not taking any chances! No fishsicles for me lol

Comment

Yeah, the sailfin belongs in the pond. Two BNs in a 20g is asking for trouble lol.
            -Jonathan

Comment

It wouldn't be the *worst* thing in the world, but if my new one did turn out to be a male, all heck would probably break loose if they started breeding @.@ LOL Ninja (the older one) does have 'tude though... Lol

So until spring, the sailfin and ninja in the 50 and the clown and the new guy in the 20 long? The new guys in only an inch and half in body length.

Comment

Ehh... put he new guy in the 20 with your clown. Clowns can be mean little suckers when protecting their territory so putting an adult BN in there wouldn't be the best idea. Young BNs, IME, usually swim away when older ones don't lol.
                -Jonathan

Comment

That's exactly what I said lol Ninja is twice the size of the clown with all the attitude. I'd have two fish full of holes if I put her in with him XD The sailfin is a pushover, but the clown shared his wood with her. Kind of funny lol Anyways... Clown and new guy in the 20 long, sailfin and Ninja in the 50. Unless someone comes up with a better idea <.<

Comment

Oh lol. I thought the little BN was named Ninja. Oops
                    -Jonathan

Comment

No lol Ninja got her name because I used to have one inch river rocks as a substrate and i got her when she was about an inch long lol little albino bottom feeder over big yellow and tan rocks... Genius XD

Comment

yeah for now I would go with that plan. I have seen tanks FULL of plecos but not sure what the conditions were about the tank as far as caves and such like that.
                        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X