Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Cory Experts

I'm uploading a video now, but....

what in the world does it mean when cories swim back and forth nonstop for hours I have been home for over 2 hours and 3 cories have been continuously swimming the entire time! No breaks. No pausing for rest. Never returning to the substrate.

If they swim, these guys make a mad dash for the surface, grab a gulp of air and just as quickly return back to bottom to hide in the plants.

In the 2 years I've kept these guys I have never seen this before.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Mine did that quite a bit I was told that it was normal behavior... after about a month I decided to believe it.... it was a daily thing for mine lol...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

My Albinos do that when they are feeling frisky. Lol
      Christine

Comment

Going up to surface and grabbing a gulp of air is normal, I've seen mine swim side to side and down and up nonstop but never for that long. There can be two reason:

1. Water Quality- Bad water and they are looking for a safe place. 2. If your params are perfect then your Cories are doing what cories do-being their quirky self.

Comment

Parameters are fine. I've been monitoring this tank closely since I switched filters. It just seems odd that they've never done this in 2 years. And tonight they have been going for hours. The tank lights are now off and they are STILL swimming back and forth. 3.5 hours! You'd think they'd be exhausted by now!!

Here's the video.....
          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

IMO this is what's happening.

Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Hah....you may be right. Just seemed odd to see the constant swimming for so long. There are 4 more cories somewhere hidden in the plants.
              - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Beautiful tank Dena
                My new guys do that they barrel around the tank it's very funny they also like playing in the filter flow too the little loonies.

Mine are begging for food I think they move like a small army and the rainbows swim with them too I would take a video but they are still timid but my seat is next to the tank so I think they are getting used to me
                Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Thank you Sarah. That is the tank I sit next to, so I know what is normal behavior. Will see if they continue. I may do another water change just to be safe.
                  - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
                    Thank you Sarah. That is the tank I sit next to, so I know what is normal behavior. Will see if they continue. I may do another water change just to be safe.
                    Always better to be safe, then sorry. Hope they have calmed down and have stopped worrying you.
                    Christine

Comment

My albino cory's do that quite a bit, but then eventually they stop to rest. I've never seen them do it for hours on end. They were much more active when they had their month long egg laying spree.

Comment

I say they are just as crazy as the owner and it is finally showing thru lol
                        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

LOL Don't be silly Jim! They haven't started doing backflips yet.

Looks like breeding to me!
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Hah, my insanity has affected my fish!

Well, they were a tad slower this morning, but still at it. Will see how things are looking tonight when I get home.
                            - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
                              Hah, my insanity has affected my fish!
                              I think this is bound to happen with all of of at some point... Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X