Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L134 Pleco

So you got a L134 hitchhiker?

I think I'm going to give away my penguin tetras and get 2 of them.

Anyone know about them? other than that they are awesome!!!!

Do they eat diatoms? I assume they are peaceful they are dwarf catfish I assume? I want one, such a sexy fish!

*edit* Research says they can get territorial with some other catfish, my tank is the exact same dimensions as Magoo's with bog wood silk plants and rocks for cover, I wonder if 2 would be okay since there is space and broken line of sight, any thoughts people?

*sidenote* Sorry for temporary stealing of Magoo's thread, to make up for it here is a burger for Magoo
    Last edited by RogueAgent94; 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM.
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

I know about L134. Nice fish. They, like most other smaller plecos, have a tendency to hide at times. They don't eat much algae IME. They might much on diatoms but BNs are better for that. 2 in a 4ft tank will be fine lol. I had 15 (?) Clown Plecos in my 70g which is 3ft.
    -Jonathan

Comment

I have 6 medium discus 11 penguin tetras and 8 Corry sterba, if I want some small plecos which do you recommend and how many?

I am thinking of 're homing the penguins and getting the plecos.

My tank is very new so I have diatoms so some help with that would be great!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
      When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Your tank would be pretty boring movement wise without the tetras. I think one or two plecos would be fine in your tank. I'm assuming you're doing daily or every other day waterchanges. Hmm... most dwarf plecos would work out for you Alan. I'd stay in the panaque range cause I like them better. My favorite pleco is the Blue Panaque L239.
        -Jonathan

Comment

Panaque are beautiful they had flash panaque at my LFS when I went to get my fish they were so pretty but I wanted a plec that would stay small.

Loki and Severus will only grow to about 5 inches I think.

I got up in the middle of the night bad dreams again and I spotted Severus on the glass I think he is coming around slowly.
          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Probably you saw him cause it was night. Plecos are almost exclusively nocturnal.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
            -Jonathan

Comment

They're not super flashy but I've found bn's to be industrious little guys in the algae department. LIke most others as they grow they're less interested in it though and more into protein, I kept 2 in a 55g with a school of Sterbai's with no problems.

If its more like a solution for your diatoms I'd just wait it out, imo plecos are pretty but as Jon pointed out they're nocturnal and aren't a great "look at me!" fish. Don't get me wrong, I see my bn's all the time but normally they're just sitting there, not like your masterfully chosen bottom schoolers you have
              __________________________________________________ _____
              Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
              110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Keeping BNs could be risky with discus. The reason I suggested Panaques is because they ate primarily wood eaters hence there is a lower chance that they'll eat discus' slime coat.

Last edited by RogueAgent94; 02-14-2013, 02:05 PM.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Lol one of them chose me

I think your best bet your diatoms Al is nerite snails mine do an excellent job I have two in Henry's tank

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                    Keeping BNs could be risky with discus. The reason I suggested Panaques is because they ate primarily wood eaters hence there is a lower chance that they'll eat discus' slime coat.

I hadn't heard that about BN's before, I hope they don't like angel slime.
                    Last edited by RogueAgent94; 02-14-2013, 02:05 PM.
                    __________________________________________________ _____
                    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

It's most plecos in general that do it but usually Panaques do it less than others because they're too busy chewing wood.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Okay thanks I will order those plecos and some snails! woohooo tank stocking is so much fun, yeay!
                        Last edited by aFISHionado; 02-14-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Tank stocking can be fun indeed. I'm really thinking of doing an African Cichlid tank.
                          Last edited by Cichlidnut; 02-14-2013, 02:38 PM.
                          Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

More tanks? Yay lol

Comment

Working...
                            X