Sterbai and Angels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterbai and Angels?

Can Sterbai (spelling?) be kept with adult angels? Or, are they too small?
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

My answer is yes for the following reasons as long as you have adults and not the juvies.

1. Out of all they Corydoras species, Sterbai cories have similar water temp requirements that matches Angelfish
    2. Matt has them in his tank with Angels
    3. Adult size is 2.5-2.6 inches

Here is a great profile on the Sterbai

http://www.everythingaquatic.net/for...ory-Care-Sheet

Comment

Don't know how big they are. A forum friend is moving in my area and he asked if I'd be interested in his sterbai, rummy nose tetras and plants. He may keep everything. Hasn't decided yet. But thought I should check.
      - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

I have sterbai in with my discus, I chose them as they were recommended to me as being the most comfortable cory at 28c. I cannot speak for angels but discus are large cichlids so I would assume angles are okay also.
        When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Yes! Sterbai are great additions to Angel tanks. They don't take attitude either LOL.
          -Jonathan

Comment

Good to know because my mutants eat ottos and smaller tetras. I was worried the sterbai would become an afternoon snack.
            - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Sterbai are VERY strong fish, they are thick and all muscle, I took mine out of the bag with my hands as I didn't want to hurt their barbels on the net and believe me you can feel the power, when my discus come near them to get the sinking pellets they take no notice and may even swim at them!
              When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Thank you for putting my concerns at ease. Now to wait and see if the owner decides to keep them or not.
                - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Rummynose are also good Angel tankmates . Best put them with your little guys if they aren't full grown though.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

What kind of plants is your friend possibly giving you?

Comment

I'm really late but I guess I'll add my reassurance even though you've already been reassured

As AP said, I've got them in with mine (thanks for the review AP) and they actually get along quite well, the angels push them off of food but they push right back. The smallest Sterbai's I've owned were about an inch long and even then, their front end is very wide in proportion to the rest of their bodies so I wouldn't be too concerned. As of right now, my biggest angel is about 5-6" tall with a good size body and I don't think he could even fit an adult sterbai's snout in his mouth! Their stout little guys if fed well.
                      Last edited by Matt B; 02-15-2013, 05:04 PM.
                      __________________________________________________ _____
                      Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                      110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                        I'm really late but I guess I'll add my reassurance even though you've already been reassured

As AP said, I've got them in with mine (thanks for the review AP) and they actually get along quite well, the angels push them off of food but they push right back. The smallest Sterbai's I've owned were about an inch long and even then, their front end is very wide in proportion to the rest of their bodies so I wouldn't be too concerned. As of right now, my biggest angel is about 5-6" tall with a good size body and I don't think he could even fit an adult sterbai's snout in his mouth! Their stout little guys if fed well.
                        Stout

My guys are body builders! They have no fear, they chase my siphon and take on my discus

Originally posted by AmazonPassion View Post
                        My answer is yes for the following reasons as long as you have adults and not the juvies.

1. Out of all they Corydoras species, Sterbai cories have similar water temp requirements that matches Angelfish
                        2. Matt has them in his tank with Angels
                        3. Adult size is 2.5-2.6 inches

Here is a great profile on the Sterbai

For some reason that link brings me to a thread called "thinking about buying a bird " strange..
                        Last edited by RogueAgent94; 02-15-2013, 08:01 PM. Reason: Merged posts. There is an edit button at the bottom left of your text box for whenever you want to add aditional thoughts :)

Comment

Originally posted by Al :D View Post
                          For some reason that link brings me to a thread called "thinking about buying a bird " strange..
                          Very odd. I landed on the Sterbai Cory profile page.
                          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

That is weird because I got the bird link as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I did not get the bird link. Works just fine for me.

Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Working...
                              X