New 75 gl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 75 gl

Hi all, thought i would share my newest project with you. 75 gl African Mbuna Tank. has been running for a few months and just recently added the occupants.
    Yellow Labs, Red Top Zebras, Red Top Cobalts and Mpangas. they seem to be settling in nicely and are eating like pigs. ( of course that will just get worst as Mbunas love their food)
    here are a few pics i took

-Tom

That looks great! Nice pictures Will the stocking be more dense or is that everyone thats going in?
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Actually Matt i will probably be pulling out some as they grow. there is actually 29 Mbuna in there.
      don't you think thats enough?
      -Tom

Comment

Wow! I didn't realize there were that many!

I don't know, I don't have any experience with Mbuna cichlids. In the pictures it didn't look like that many fish in a 75g is all.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

yeah, i couldn't get them all to come together for a Picture right now the 29 are fine as they are all Juvies. when they grow i will probably reduce the finally number
          by a few down to about 24-26. with these guys a little overcrowding is a good thing as it helps spread their agression more evenly.
          -Tom

Comment

Ah gotcha, I get my lake cichlids mixed up still I had read that before but was unsure if it applied in this case.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Great pictures!! They all look very happy.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                Great pictures!! They all look very happy.
                Thanks
                they seemed to be adapting well. running through a small mini cycle at the moment. normally do, as i like to stock all at once which usually
                causes the bacteria colony to work overtime. nothing a few extra water changes doesn't cure.
                -Tom

Comment

I've never been brave enough to try cichlids well until I got my two angel fish that aren't that angelic at times.

Yours look very colourful can't wait to see pictures of them all grown up
                  Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Fun tank. I wish I had space to do some of the more aggressivve cichlids. Can i live my mnuba dreams vicariously thru you?
                    Who's you're favorite? Any odd behaviors from a particular fish or type of mnuba?
                    36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                      I've never been brave enough to try cichlids well until I got my two angel fish that aren't that angelic at times.

Yours look very colourful can't wait to see pictures of them all grown up
                      thanks Magoo, i am looking forward to this group to grow up as well. i really hope for some great color with the Red Tops and the Mpanga.

Originally posted by featherblue View Post
                      Fun tank. I wish I had space to do some of the more aggressivve cichlids. Can i live my mnuba dreams vicariously thru you?
                      Who's you're favorite? Any odd behaviors from a particular fish or type of mnuba?
                      Thanks Featherblue, you can dream through this tank as much as you would like.
                      my favorite is the Mpanga's- they are the largest of the group presently and caught my eye immediately coming out of the bags. I wouldn't call it Odd as all Mbuna do it. but as the get a little older they will begin claiming territory and clearing space. this is why sand is so important with these guy's, it is their natural habitat and you can sit for hours and watch them move the sand out from under rocks and such. it is truly a treat. i have Adults in a 55 gl across the room from these guys and i can adjust the sand in the morning before leaving for work and come back in the evening and they have it all moved. they are a lot of fun.
                      -Tom

Comment

Lol interior decorating fish that's so cute
                        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Working...
                        X