What sex are they?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sex are they?

I moved 4 of my angels out of the 150 into the 75 when the other 4 paired up. Now today 2 of those guys were really beating on the other 2 - the tiny one, about quarter-sized and the really big veil-type angel, which is about 2" across. I pulled the ones being picked on out and put them in the tank I just got. The 2 that are left in the 75 are a little better than 2" across. I thought they were both boys but now I'm not so sure. Would anyone out there like to hazard a guess? The photos are a little blurry, but it's the best I could get.

Last edited by oscarsbud; 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM. Reason: wrong size for veiltail
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

I think the top one is female and the bottom is male (or did I mix the forehead thing up?) In which case flip it lol...

Dena should post her angel sexing guide here sometime
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I have her sexing guide and, like I said, I have been thinking that all of the leftovers were male. They have the hump on their forehead. But now that they have gotten a little bigger, it almost looks like the one in the second photo might be a female. Hopefully, Dena or someone with a better eye will be able to make a definite call.
      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

First definitely looks male. The second is a bit of a tossup. I want to lean towards female.
        -Jonathan

Comment

That's what I am starting to think also. Since I took the 2 that were being picked on out of the tank, these guys have been all buddy buddy. I guess I am going to have to find a home for the picked-on ones. I am out of tanks. The one I put them in is one we just got for the baby angels to grow out in. Well, we just got my niece and her family a nice 40G hex tank. Maybe they would like to have them once they get set up. It's a shame because the one with the long fins is really beautiful - at least he was until his fins got shredded by the other guys. So much for having a huge community tank full of angelfish. Guess it wasn't meant to be.
          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Top- Boy

Bottom- Girl
            It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
            As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

I agree, top looks like a male and the one on the bottom looks like a male.

Comment

I'd say #1 is male and #2 female.
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

*takes a bow* studying dena's thread seems to be paying off
                  It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                  As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Thanks guys, for confirming my suspicions. Now instead of having one tank with a large school of angels, I have 3 tanks with a couple in each. I guess that means more room in the 150 for more fish .
                    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Working...
                    X