Celebrate my feesh with me!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrate my feesh with me!!

I don't think everyone realizes that I have my feesh, since the thread is titled "I'm getting a box this week." Well, I have my feesh!!

You can read the backstory here: http://www.everythingaquatic.net/for...ll=1#post23325

My dad picked them up from the post office for me this morning, and I picked them up this evening. They're currently drip-acclimating.
    Attached Files

Grats!
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Congrats on the Blue Marble Angelfish.

Can't wait until I see pictures of them in your tank. All I see at the moment are little fishies. Did you get 6?
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Thanks guys! I did get six. Though it was because the minimum order was four, and he sent two extras.

I was surprised how dark they all are, though I assume the marbling will change as they grow.

Comment

So glad they arrived safely. Can't wait to see more pictures of them.
          __________________________________________________ __________
          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thanks Lori, me too, I can't wait to get them in the tank.

Comment

Where did you get them from?... I can't wait to see more pics!
              It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
              As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Angefishmania (Lee Gordon) CJ bought them for my boyfriend and I as an early graduation present. He tried many times to ship me a pair of his angels, but the darn postal workers kept saying he couldn't

Comment

Oh man they have 3 types of Angels I want BAD....but when I talked to Lee he said it would be a month before he had one of my choices available....hoping to have them this month....

~Anthony

Comment

Aww waiting will make them more exciting CJ sent me a picture of his darkest angel baby, that he got at dime-sized. He's a perfect 50/50 mix of blue and black, so I'm not worried at all.

The bucket is full, so I've set up a second bucket to drain the acclimation bucket while it's still filling. I was going to move the platies to the 20 gallon while the angels were acclimating, for two reasons...one, so there wouldn't be a risk of a mini-cycle (I'm sure six baby angels have less bioload than three adult platies and a juvie) and two, the platies seem to be the most rambunctious (the neons and rainbows keep to themselves). Also we think the platies may be the ones nipping at Nubbins. Unfortunately, they knew the jig was up when I filled up a bag with water, and now they're all hiding. Sigh. May have to wait, though I wanted to do it before the angels were in there so that I wouldn't stress them. Now I may have to wait a few days.

I'll probably move them over in about half an hour.

Comment

Well... can't be any worse then chasing zebra danios...the scatter like flies and will hide in plants, decor, equipment, etc and even stuff /jam themselves into the substrate lol

~Anthony

Comment

Oh definitely don't be concerned with a lack of blue coloring. Blue does not develop for several months. Glad they arrived in good condition. Once acclimated, feed them small bits of food several times a day. In a week they will get excited every time you approach the tank...lol
                        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                        Socrates

Comment

I knew they wouldn't be very blue, but I figured that meant they'd be black and white, not mostly black. I'm not concerned at all.

They're all in the tank!! When I pulled the rock and hut out, one of them was like floating on the surface, listless, which made me worried. Turned the lights off, slowly moved them in, let them hang out in the dark. One of them was kind of hanging out on the bottom while the others explored, but after awhile they were all out and about.

One of them got stuck in the dwarf sag!! I felt so bad so I sloooowly reached my hand in to move the grass aside. Everyone came to investigate! I had five tiny angels around my hand. SO CUTE. But one by one, they all got stuck! I'd free one, then another would wriggle in, etc. Finally got them all out. I know they need to learn to escape themselves but I felt so bad watching them flap around and then lie there motionless. Now they're all exploring around in groups, it's sooo cute. Right now they're moving in a group of five across the front of the tank.
                          Attached Files

Comment

One didn't fit I took a billion but I liked these. Pardon the GSA in the corner of the tank
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!! Most appear to have a double dose of marble, hence being mostly black.
                              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                              Socrates

Comment

Working...
                              X