Baby Makin Machines!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Makin Machines!

My Kribensis are at it again and their last batch is a little over 1cm but still camouflaged with all there fins I think... the dorsal is very hard to see if it is fully there and there bells... BUT "girly" is all bloated and chunky red bellied as they are zooming around doing there mating dance/courtship thing...

I love my kribs but I think this baby thing better slow down... I don't want my left side of my tank in permanent chaos
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Hate to tell ya, but once they get started, not much short of separating them, will make them stop.
    The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

LoL... at least my daughter and I will set her tank up tomorrow whether it be the 30g or 40g, I'll let her make the big girl decision... I think I'm gonna move the Kribs into hers so they can just keep breeding for awhile... then separate them...

~Anthony

Comment

Best of luck with them!

I had the same experience. Kribs are so good at rearing their offspring that they will survive even in a community environment. I grew to hate (strong word for strong feelings) my kribs. They started killing my other fish to make room for themselves.

I called it quits after just 6 months. I started with a single pair; and tried to catch them. But could only catch 11 of the adults; leaving the original male with 3 offspring. I thought this would give me a break; unfortunately it was short lived. Those 3 juvies turned out to be girls. And, the old man was in heaven. He had fry with all 3 of them....at the same time!!!!

Started seeing red. I took another 2 dozen to my LFS; shipped Jonathan something like 30; shipped another dozen to a couple of friends. I never want to see another krib in my tanks after this! But low and behold, after I pulled everything out of the tank and did a 100% redo, somehow there was a single krib in my tank. How in the world He was torturing my corys and rams; but I managed to net him and he is now in the 125G with my Clown Loaches and Common Pleco. Mr Krib is afraid of fish that are 1000 times bigger than he is...haha.

So, the next time you see a post where I call kribs devil spawn, you will now understand why.
        Last edited by catsma_97504; 04-23-2013, 10:57 PM.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

LoloL...thanks for the laugh at 2am... I love how beautiful they are sad that I'm going to have to separate them... glad my LFS wants to buy them from me so let them have a field day...

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
          X