This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient Oscar

The time between me holding the food container over the tank to the time the food hits the water is much to long for my Oscar. He always jumps up and splashes me. Today he did it twice. He jumped out of the water so I backed off trying to avoid getting soaked. As soon as I came back to put food in, he jumped even higher! Feeding my 125 often results in me getting wet. You wouldn't think a fish could get you that wet. Oh boy is he good at it!

Anybody else have a fish like this?
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Mordin will bite your finger if you hover it over the tank and Henry lol I learned quickly not to leave my hand lingering without paying attention
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I had my gold angel jump completely it of the tank ONTO me one time while she was protecting eggs. When she had eggs in the tank you can't go near the tank at all. I had to throw her food into the tank from a couple feet away. Lol

Comment

I had a convict once decided she wanted to leave her tank while doing a water change... her tank was next to the stove.... needless to say she jumped into a pan of oil (mom was about to start dinner) she lived needless to say!
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I think your convict wanted to be dinner!!

My JD is certainly getting there. I'm already afraid to get my fingers too close because he breaks the surface when he jumps, trying to get to the pellets before anyone else. HE HAS TEETH!!! This will not be fun when he gets older lol.
          -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Comment

Lol and this is why I'm happy with my bettas lol they still have teeth but itty bitty mouths

Comment

The last time my JD bit me, i was surprised by how boney their jaw is! they can get some power in that bite.

Comment

I got soaked every time I walked by my ponds. There were three main culprits. My Redtail Cats, my Giant Gouramis, and the huge Arowanas.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                  I got soaked every time I walked by my ponds. There were three main culprits. My Redtail Cats, my Giant Gouramis, and the huge Arowanas.
                  I think that shows that our fish love us They want to share their water with us.

Comment

LOL My Silver Dollars tend to get water on the floor when I feed them and I get splashed a bit in the process. lol
                    Christine

Comment

I get splashed a lot! Darn Oscar is really good at flicking water at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut View Post
                        I get splashed a lot! Darn Oscar is really good at flicking water at me.
                        Always have a towel handy, huh? lol
                        Christine

Comment

No, I usually feed them when I first wake up and not coherent at all. I go to feed, get splashed and yell AHHHHHHH. I should really have caught on buy now.

Comment

Lol suppose that's one way of waking up in the morning

Comment

Now we know Cichlidnut gets splashed every morning by his Oscar!
                              Christine

Comment

Working...
                              X