Angel Aggression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel Aggression

Are female Angels more Aggressive than males?

Blue... my cobalt has had such a major growth spurt in which is now almost the size of Lucky my Silver and is the aggressor in the tank BUT only nips at Lucky a little bit BUT ALWAYS hangs around Lucky as if claiming Lucky...and majorly attacks everyone else...
    Last edited by AquaAnt; 03-14-2013, 08:32 PM.
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Not normally unless there is a male. But don't think they are nice. Female angels can be royal terrors when they want to be!
    -Jonathan

Comment

Did you recently add any angels? Or have they been together for a while now? Both sexes have their moments. I do not believe one is worse than the other, even in breeding. One becomes the dominant angel and they will fight until the other becomes submissive.
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Actually I did recently at 2 dime size Angels... They only chase them a very little bit BUT other than that they are really not even bothered with and excepted... its the larger ones that have always been more aggressive with each other yet seriously its like they watch over the small ones...

Size comparison to get an idea is the small ones are smaller than their tail fins...
        It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
        As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

There is rarely aggression towards angels much smaller. I've added pea sized angels to an adult tank and the adults adopt and care for them. However, this may have triggered the dominance fight and it bringing out the older angel's parenting skills. Even mated pairs will rip each other to shreds when both are unable to share in rearing the fry.

How are the older angels being aggressive? Can you get a video of them acting up?
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Working...
          X