How Fast Do Angels Grow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Fast Do Angels Grow?

I'm excited for my new babies, Boo and Moo and I'm curious how fast they'll be growing. They're currently quarter sized in the body.
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

With proper care and water changes they should be full grown within 9-12 months. Give or take a month or two.

Comment

From what I understand Angels grow 90% of their total size within 10-12 months... BUT with with the size of the Angels I have been seeing my large Angels are only half the size of what I've been seeing...
      It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
      As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        From what I understand Angels grow 90% of their total size within 10-12 months... BUT with with the size of the Angels I have been seeing my large Angels are only half the size of what I've been seeing...
        Mine are smaller too. Must be something about the water. I can change water every day and feed them till they can't eat no more (I'm not sure that is possible actually) and they still grow supper slow.

Comment

I really like the fact that mine I've had since they were the size of a U.S. Nickel or Quarter... trust me though if you have any right now the size of a quarter within 4 months WoW...

~Anthony

Comment

Angels need a clean tank, lots of room and high quality food to grow. They do have a growth spurt that can last 6 months or longer in their first year. After that growth is very slow, but they tend to continuing growing.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Glad I've switched all my tanks over to NLS food then! And frozen, they love the frozen. Moo and Boo devoured the frozen brine shrimp.
              ~Erin
              10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Could be just the angel too imo, out of a group of 6 broodmates I raised from dimes under the same conditions I have a male and a female that are a solid 30% smaller than the rest.
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

This is true... they individually will grow at different rates Rocky is the smallest of my large angels BUT you will definitely see they have grown :-)

~Anthony

Comment

Agreed, while at different rates I would say all of mine grew at a rate under the "weed" category
                    __________________________________________________ _____
                    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

LoL the weed category... I love that!

~Anthony

Comment

Haha. That's a good category for them to be in I guess!

Comment

Working...
                        X