Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding angels

Hello

As some may know I have had my troublesome twosome for some time now and their NLS is nearly gone this led me to a couple of wonderings and I though I would ask

what is the best amount to feed growing angels? I tend to put allot in as I have other piggies in there and have sinking wafers for Sev and Loki which sometimes get pinched by snails

As I have food coming from Jonathan I don't want to have to buy more NLS plus Oliver would have a fit but I also don't want to jeopardise my fishes health can anyone suggest a cheaper brand for the temporary feeding until my magical box arrives.

Do growing angels have to be fed more food than you normally would? These two are always pecking at stuff and also my snails. Bad angels.

Another random question how big will these two grow? I know they are only young about two inches from nose to tail without fins and fin height from top to bottom about 4 inches and their fins are developing beautifully

Thank you for looking
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Angels are real food hogs. I think they would eat until they exploded. If you are expecting your food from Jonathan in the next couple of days, I wouldn't worry about buying them food. They will eat whatever you have for your other guys. Crush up a wafer if you want to make it easier on them but they can live fine on that until your package arrives.

Mine are always picking at everything, including the snails, too. They are like a little herd of cows, always grazing.

They get quite big - somewhere around 6" diameter, not counting the fins.

Hope that helped.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Hello Lori thank you it did

Comment

Hi Sarah I had to buy more NLS the other day, since the food didn't make it as well Personally when I was growing mine I would feed until I could see they had eaten by their sides sticking out a bit, of course they can take this way further to where it looks like they swallowed a ping pong ball or something. I operate under the assumption that given enough space, giving a fish plenty and high quality food to eat as its growing gives it a head start on the rest of its life. Think of people and nutritional deficencies as a child can effect developement the rest of their lives physical or mental. Basically, I figure if I give the juvenile fish everything it needs and then a little more it will grow to be all it can be, big and beautiful

I would expect your angels to reach somewhere in the 6-9" (15-23 cm) from tip to tip of fins top to bottom.
        __________________________________________________ _____
        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Wow they will be big must get the other two soon so they can grow up together

I have to have my NLS shipped and by the time it gets here I will probably have my magical box I do have some NLS betta formula would that be ok?

Comment

I feed the mollies I am growing out betta flakes and they are doing just fine on it.
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I think that'd be fine Sarah.
              __________________________________________________ _____
              Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
              110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Cool thank you ill use that as the pot is still almost full

Comment

I've compared the ingredients list and the betta formula has even more good stuff for them so I think ill use that for now

Comment

the angels im my community tank get feed once a day with the other fish. there around quarter size and i feed nls .5mm thera a and nls grow along with some nls flakes. they also munch on my corys food (shrimp pellets and algae waffers. my smaller angels (dime) are in there own tank so i can feed them twice a day. again .5mm thera a and grow.

the bigger angels im trying to breed get feed twice a day. nls flakes and nls 1mm thera a. i also feed live foods at least 3 times a week. bloodworms, brine shrimp, beef heart and mysis shrimp. the smaller angels only get brine shrimp for live foods. the others frozen foods are to big for them but sometimes ill take the time to cut them up.

i like nls foods but i have used omega one before, not sure if there any cheaper. any food you have laying around will work... feed some veggies form the fridge or frozen foods until you get rogues food. iv heard of people feeding all kinds of things like hot dog's for example
                    other tanks not in my info...
                    33g long 1M CT Betta, 1M HM Betta, 1M DT Betta, 1F HM Betta
                    15g 3 celestial pearl danios, cherry shrimp, 8 pygmy corys, 5 ottos
                    10g QT 1 Green Severum, 1 Red Tailed Shark
                    You can see my tanks on my YouTube page HERE

Comment

Hello Jojo thank you. The betta formula went down a treat I soaked it in vitachem and garlic guard too Herschel even went for my finger lol.

I do have live food I'm still talking myself into using it I have brine shrimp and blood worms they are in my fridge. They should be good till Sunday I know I'm being a complete wimp about it

Comment

Frozen Brine shrimp arnt gross. They Dont really look like anything. Bloodworms look like red Lil worms.
                        Mysis shrimp look like lil white shrimp.
                        The grossest is beef heart IMO.
                        other tanks not in my info...
                        33g long 1M CT Betta, 1M HM Betta, 1M DT Betta, 1F HM Betta
                        15g 3 celestial pearl danios, cherry shrimp, 8 pygmy corys, 5 ottos
                        10g QT 1 Green Severum, 1 Red Tailed Shark
                        You can see my tanks on my YouTube page HERE

Comment

I just put it in a little cup with some tank water and when it thaws out I put the whole mess into the tank - no touching involved .
                          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Frozen isn't a problem these I am on about R
                            are alive

Comment

Tweezers
                              Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Working...
                              X