Updated pictures of my Blue Babies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated pictures of my Blue Babies

It has been a while since I posted updated pictures of the Philippine Blue and Red Capped Koi fry I've been raising. They are about 5 months old now. Some are showing slight hints of blue in their ventral fins, but I do not expect to see much blue as they are all single dose. They are actually Gold Marble Ghosts het Philippine Blue (het = single dose).

- Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

They are beautiful! How big are they?
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Beautiful angels Dena I especially love the markings and finnage of the stripey one in the third picture
      Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Very nice angels!

Comment

Thanks everyone. They are not much larger than quarter sized. Koi angels are very slow to grow. The only thing slower are the DD Black angels. But, once they start to grow they can triple in size in less than a month.
          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
            Thanks everyone. They are not much larger than quarter sized. Koi angels are very slow to grow. The only thing slower are the DD Black angels. But, once they start to grow they can triple in size in less than a month.
            I'm expecting my DD black angels to be about full grown by the time I graduate college. (I'm 17...) lol

Comment

My two have doubled in size since I got them but have slowed down got now which is good as hopefully I'm getting my new angels Monday and if they grow faster it will stop Herschel being a pain
              Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Great shots Dena! Some great coloring already, and I love young angels "perma-flare" with their fins, so cute.
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Are you going to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                    My two have doubled in size since I got them but have slowed down got now which is good as hopefully I'm getting my new angels Monday and if they grow faster it will stop Herschel being a pain
                    They will all grow at their own rate! I doubt you'll have aggression issues, but if you do just do a little redecorating. That always helps!

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                    Great shots Dena! Some great coloring already, and I love young angels "perma-flare" with their fins, so cute.
                    Thanks Matt. Yes, that perma-flare makes for some great photos if you are lucky enough to catch them in that split second where they stop moving!

Originally posted by Tigress Hill View Post
                    Are you going to share?
                    Eventually, yes. But as I have so few survivors I am going to keep them to start a breeding program with this line. For now, I have standard Koi to move out.
                    - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Cute! They look extremely healthy. You're doing a great job!

Weird that your DDs are growing so slow. Mine grew REALLY fast.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Very Nice... Gold Marble Ghosts are surprisingly different.... personality wise...
                        It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                        As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

It has only been another month, but these guys are starting to show their blue coloring. As they have a single dose of the blue gene, I did not expect to see this much blue!

- Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Really, this thread is a month old and its never come up in my thread searches....grrrr.... I bet these Angels turn out beautifully colored... very nice angels Dena
                            It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                            As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Well, as you posted in the thread last month, I am sure you have to of seen it before...lol

Thank you. I am really getting anxious for them to mature and pair off. Their offspring should be even better! My goal is to be able to create a Koi Paraiba! Can you imagine a lovely orange/black/white koi with those blue patches?
                              - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Working...
                              X