Angel Males...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel Males...

So... what's with male angelfish doing all this fanning on the eggs just to keep the water following and oxygenated just to turn around and eat them? TOTALLY Makes No Sense... o_O? Can someone please explain this behavior...
    Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 11-22-2013, 02:47 PM. Reason: removed all caps
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

I have the exact same problem! Mine doesn't even fan them anymore. He just waits till they are all laid and fertilized then eats them.

Comment

Well... I see this is the case with many males, I have removed the male but I think I need to have a divider big enough for my tank... even a massive piece of 20ppi foam would be great... where you find stuff like this....

I still want to understand this behavior though...
      It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
      As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

The one I am trying to breed waits until they start free swimming to eat them. Very baffling to spend a week caring for them just to start picking them off as they are trying to swim for the first time.

As for a divider I use that egg crate stuff sold as lighting covers. And drinking water grade plastic tubing. Cut the egg crate to size. Split the tubing and use it to cover the edges that touch the glass.

Works great! I have a male angel that is a meanie with other male angels. He has killed several! So I divided the 55G until I can find him a new home. Strange that he ignores the juvies that are small enough to move through the egg crate, but still gets riled up when an adult male gets near the divider.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

Working...
        X