Are DD Black Angels slow growers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are DD Black Angels slow growers?

I've been reading on this forum that everyone who has DDs are growing slowly is that a fact amongst this variety or just an observation that everyone is having?

I have a DD as well and I thought I had stunted Angels but I'm it seems everyone who has them in this forum is experiencing the same thing.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Mine grew quickly the first weeks I had them but I haven't noticed much growth lately apart from there fins they are growing beautiful tendrils
    Hasn't stopped them being little piggies though their quest for food is unending lol
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Mine grew fairly quickly but after some recent research I've found out that DD Blacks are normally very slow growers compared to most Angels. I think it has something to do with how inbred they are.
      -Jonathan

Comment

Now I've added two more it'll be a good gauge to how they grow as the two new angels aren't dd ill update and document their growth
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Yes they are slow growers.... even my cobalt Rocky is a rediculously slow grower UNLESS he ends up being some kind of runt
          It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
          As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

That has been my experience. I could never imagine anything growing slower than Koi angels, but the DD Blacks are even slower than a snail! All we can do is offer high quality foods, keep up on tank maintenance and make sure they have plenty of room to grow. One day you will blink and they will suddenly be spawning and you will realize that they did in fact grow.

I was looking at pictures I took in January and February and can see growth.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Working...
            X