Aggressive Smokey Angel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive Smokey Angel

My Smokey Angel is becoming rather aggressive with my smaller Angels. Is this pre-breeding behavior or is she just mean. My big gold male is really mellow and could care less. I should have them in their own tank in 2 days.

Even though she isn't very nice to my DD's, she looks great! Her and my Gold are really looking nice. I keep falling in love with Angels more and more.

[attachment=0:hco6bgt1]P1040815.JPG[/attachment:hco6bgt1]

[youtube:hco6bgt1]tluiKNnMf2U[/youtube:hco6bgt1]
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Re: Aggressive Smokey Angel

Does this tank hold the mated pair and 1 other DD Black angel? If so, you will need to set up a divider or do some rearranging. That female is guarding her chosen spawning site and may kill that poor DD Black angel. Keeping 3 angels in a tank is never a good idea.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

I agree with Dena. Either move the DD or put in a divider. I wouldn't move the female as she seems to have chosen a spot in the tank she likes lol. Add a piece of slate or a large, wide leaf plant for her to lay on and then watch the fun commence!
      -Jonathan

Comment

I'm setting up a 29 gallon for them. There are 4 Angels in there. I was going to paint the 29 gallon tomorrow but I can set it up and move some fish around.

This wasn't meant as a permanent home. I just didn't expect my female to want to breed this fast. I haven't even had her 2 weeks.

Comment

Whoever gave the name Angelfish must have never kept them...

Comment

I've got the 29 gallon tank painted and filled with water. I've got a small amount setup to do to it still but I'm getting there. I am going to be moving my Gold and Smokey over to this 29.
            I need the 55 for some more Angels that will be coming.

At this point I've got 4 tanks for Angels. Barebottom 55, Another 55 that is being used at a Cichlid growout. The Convict and Severum are almost ready to move to my 125. I've also got another 29 to set up, along with the 29 I just put up. I think this is a good start [attachment=2:3rj70l73]P1040850.JPG[/attachment:3rj70l73]

I got a few pictures of my breeders to be

[attachment=1:3rj70l73]P1040864.JPG[/attachment:3rj70l73]

[attachment=0:3rj70l73]P1040862.JPG[/attachment:3rj70l73]

Comment

Working...
            X