X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelfish Ventral Fins

So... there was this Angel with beautiful zebra stripes on one side and 3 solid bars a bit of a fourth and a 5th if you include the eye stripe on the other marked as a leopard silver...BUT this tiny little thing had a nub for a ventral fin on one side and a part of a ventral fin on the other... this lady tells me oh they grow back... BUT from what I read is the sometime grow back deformed, sometimes they do grow back and sometimes no... none the less even though I wasn't looking to buy any fish...BOOM I got 2 more the other is a black lace I thought was beautifully mixed with black and silver zebra stripes... I think they were sick so I'm not taking any chances especially since one of the ventrals looked a little fuzzy... so no pics and being medicated in my QT....
    Last edited by AquaAnt; 04-16-2013, 07:39 AM.
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Sorry to hear you have a sick fish. From all the angels I've kept only a couple never grew back their ventrals properly. Most grew back fairly quickly.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Well supposedly they weren't sick BUT looking at the tank as all the others were basically all huddled and facing the top of the water is usually never a good sign...BUT I bought them anyway...

~Anthony

Comment

In my experience, same as with fin rot, if the fin isn't completely lost it will grow back. The problem with ventrals is that they are usually clipped next to the body; so rarely grow back. I have never seen fins grow back the same way, regardless of the reason why it was lost in the first place.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

Comment

Fins such as pectoral, anal, dorsal I've seen all grow back fine even when extremely damaged... I just never dealt with an Angel missing its ventral fins

~Anthony

Comment

I had one Angel that I received as the size of a quarter that had one ventral fin. It never grew back.
            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

These guys are almost the size of a dime

~Anthony

Comment

The ventrals are the dangly ones towards the front right?
                ~Erin
                10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Yes Erin

~Anthony

Comment

Both Boo and Moo had short ones when I got them, uneven as well. Both grew back. Boo, however, looks like he has splits in his, as he has a little curly bit on each one about halfway down the fins.
                    ~Erin
                    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

My smallest angel is the same way. One of its ventral fins looks like a corkscrew at the end. It's been like that ever since I got it and it never straightened out.
                      __________________________________________________ __________
                      Lori

150G, 75G, 37G, 30G, 15G, 10G, 5G

My life would be funny - if it were happening to someone else

Comment

Ohhhh, you guys mean "deelie-boppers"

Some of my angels' are uneven, but I attributed it to shipping injuries. Maybe they're not always supposed to be even?

Comment

Nah.. these have actually been chopped off or more like chomped off from some other fish or whatever.... they are living in my at tank for a few weeks or more... We shall see how they do...

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                          X