Best size to buy angels...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best size to buy angels...

My 2 golds I got 10 days ago died and I honestly have no clue why... I fed twice a day and 40% water changes weekly... The water was perfect 0,0,10 I don't get why I lost them... So my question is... What's the best size to buy an angel to reduce the possible chance of death?

These guys were about the size of a nickel...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Best size for people I notice is anything bigger than a quarter.... I like to get them the size of a pea if possible..... BUT when I want a certain sex...I go for anything above a nickel that I can sex accurately.
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
      Best size for people I notice is anything bigger than a quarter.... I like to get them the size of a pea if possible..... BUT when I want a certain sex...I go for anything above a nickel that I can sex accurately.
      Alright thanks... My lfs has some kois most are half dollar or.larger... I may get one...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I think the source is more important than the size. Mine are dimes and they're doing just fine, but I bought half-dollars from an LFS and they died.

Comment

Could be the source... But my brother's angels came from petsmart as well and they are now adults...
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you lost your angels Sean

You could wait to see if you win the raok and get a couple of superb angels from Dena
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
              I'm sorry to hear you lost your angels Sean

You could wait to see if you win the raok and get a couple of superb angels from Dena
              Thanks Sarah but look at the others who've entered lol they hands down beat me already I'm not to worried I'll give my lfs a try with theirs.
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

My white one ghost & spike came from PetSmart... they are doing VERY well...

~Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                  My white one ghost & spike came from PetSmart... they are doing VERY well...
                  So then it's me... :/
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                    Thanks Sarah but look at the others who've entered lol they hands down beat me already I'm not to worried I'll give my lfs a try with theirs.
                    I'm the one judging it and there is going to be more than one winner

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                      I'm the one judging it and there is going to be more than one winner
                      Hey your not allowed to be biased...
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I'm not

Comment

Smaller angels need BBS to stay strong and healthy. And they need daily water changes. It can be a lot of work keeping the peas and dimes alive. But once at dime size it gets much easier. I usually recommend quarters for those new to angels.

Acclimation is also critical. The slower the better with the babies.

Hope that helps.
                          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                          Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                            So then it's me... :/
                            I can not say its you.... I am very consistent in testing, cleaning, wc'ing my tank weekly and practically daily... my angels are very happy if you could see.... the fact that my room is very active with my daughter and myself talking to the fishies is often... And lol as you could see they know the camera lol

~Anthony

Comment

Alright here is what I'll do then... I'll try once more with a baby but this time I'm going to stick it in my much smaller 10g to ensure (s)he is being fed right and once he is large enough he will be moved to my 40g... a smaller tank will be simpler to do more water changes plus it'll be good for my plants in the 10... to ensure the water stays as pristine as possible I'll run 2 hobs along with all the plants so hopefully he'll have a better chance at survival... or is this a bad idea? I plan to just get one angel this go around...
                              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Working...
                              X