Angelfish Voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelfish Voice

Ever thought your fish had a language? Everyone who keeps angelfish can see their behaviors as the pair off and defend their designated territories. But, did you ever consider that they also had a language?

Well, an individual has equipment to record the clicks and other sounds of p.scalare. Coupled with video so we can associate their sounds with physical behaviors. I find this concept simply fascinating!!!

The thread may be a bit hard to read as this individual only knows Spanish. So, we are communicating with the aide of Google Translator. Anyone who knows both languages would be able to understand the conversation better than I could, but still the topic and videos are amazing.

If interested, go check it out. http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/f...-in-the-Scalar
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Interesting... I can see all sorts of body language just from my own, I am surprised the thread is only 2 pages... I can say that this has peaked my interest intensely. I want a submersible microphone now...
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Definitely fascinating.
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Only 2 pages? That is a virtually dead forum. Members are mostly spammers. I think as others find it and start commenting that they will add to the conversation. For now, that is the longest conversation to date.

Had to chuckle. Another member asked if he had a recording when the angel snapped the ventrals. Google Translator said when the ventrals are broken.

Gotta love those translators some times.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

That is really interesting!! Especially since I have been hearing my Boss male "pop" or "click" his jaw at other angels.
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Now, I really need to pay attention to my fish. I don't hear anything.
            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

LoL... I have seen that forum come up quite a few times... invite him here then... Spanish whatever... what he did is worth translating
              It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
              As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

wow thats amazing, I new some fish and other sea mammals made noises but this is really interesting to learn.
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

That was very interesting.
                  __________________________________________________ __________
                  Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I'm watching my angels in a new light now I've noticed Smudge does this weird thing that I can only describe as yipping I can't hear if she makes a sound but it does make me wonder if she is telling Herschel and Monty off
                    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Working...
                    X