Here's a video of your Barbs Dena!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a video of your Barbs Dena!!

As most of you know, my last attempt to send Dena my school of Guard Barbs ended in tragedy, all were lost due to a misjudgment of mine. Since that fateful day, I vowed I would get Dena the barbs somehow, someway.

Sooooooo, I bought these 1 1/2"-2" Juvies a week or two ago, they are now fully trained, if somewhat tiny, Guard Barbs and I am only waiting to be sure I have 5F and 1M, as their marking have developed a bit I'm pretty comfy with my picks. Anyways, they are also very friendly now as you'll see in the video.

__________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Matt you're awesome and they are awesome guard barbs in progress too so cute
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

That's great Matt!! They are going to look like midgets next to my full sized barbs!
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
        Matt you're awesome and they are awesome guard barbs in progress too so cute
        Thanks Sarah They are little cuties! They already knew my fingers I guess from working at their lfs so they have been super extroverted!

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
        That's great Matt!! They are going to look like midgets next to my full sized barbs!
        I know! I'm trying to walk a fine line, small enough to ship well, big enough to not get eaten!! When I first got them I honestly think a big angel could've handled one.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Very cute!!
          -Jonathan

Comment

The guard barbs have landed! They made it to Dena safe and sound. I am happy I'll not have to have a 3rd try lol! Maybe when she gets a chance she'll post a pic or two.

I almost forgot, when I told my daughter they were going to be sent to a new home with a nice lady named Dena she asked "Will she let them nibble her fingers?" LOL! I kept catching her in the tank letting them nibble her fingers the 2 weeks they were here with us.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Congrats to a happy landing!!!
              Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

lol thats too cute.
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Yay! Glad they arrived safely.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                    I almost forgot, when I told my daughter they were going to be sent to a new home with a nice lady named Dena she asked "Will she let them nibble her fingers?" LOL! I kept catching her in the tank letting them nibble her fingers the 2 weeks they were here with us.
                    Tell your daughter that they can nibble on my fingers...lol My angels usually do while I am trying to deal with tank maintenance or replanting everything they've dug up.

Well, the little turds must have harassed my Mystery Snails all day. Many are now dead; and those that are alive are clamped tight! So, I went ahead and moved them into the 90G. I know I am taking a big chance, but as Matt had them in QT for a couple of weeks, I figured it'd be safe. Besides, it got hot today!! Tank is running at 84F right now.

Anyway, went around taking videos of some of my tanks. Am downloading them from the camera. Will post as soon as I can. Everyone made an appearance when taping the 90G, except for the BN pair. Those 2 may be spawning, can't really tell.
                    - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

The videos are taking forever to upload! So, here's a snapshot of a couple of the newbies in their new surroundings.

Last edited by catsma_97504; 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM. Reason: Helps to actually add the photo...lol
                      - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Errrrrr, sorry about the snails, they were probably just eager to start guarding your fish and took the snails as a threat.

Thanks Dena, that will actually mean the world to her that you let them nibble you, she was very concerned about it! lol!

Nice! They shipped well, they look great! Looking forward to the video.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Video is in a new thread. 90G Planted Jungle. All 6 come out of hiding for a brief moment.
                          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Working...
                          X