Gravid Gold Barb......AGAIN!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravid Gold Barb......AGAIN!

I took a couple pictures of a gravid females barb. The funny thing is, 2-3 weeks ago the same female, I can tell by her nipped fin, was about to explode before she finally scattered her eggs! She is super woman!

__________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Did the barbs eat the eggs?
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I assume so, they all tend to more or less immediately start foraging around at the site, the sand and bare tank don't really help. I also don't have any sponge or anything on the filter intake.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Aw that's a shame I would love to see some babies

Comment

If I catch them in the act this time I'll try to siphon them up, I'm not sure how they'll do. I think normally you'd just put them in a tank with marbles so they can't eat them. If my wife let me set up another tank, I've got to say it wouldn't be a marble tank.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I hope you manage to save some explain to her it's for babies who can resist setting up a tank for babies

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
              I hope you manage to save some explain to her it's for babies who can resist setting up a tank for babies
              Heh too funny I have recently gotten away with setting up two more tanks for babies.

You could also use over sized rock I have a bucket of rocks that are all about marble sized, it would work just as good.
              Matt

Comment

Hahahaha barbs do have a tendency to breed a lot . Very pretty fish!

You could always breed them separately in a 10g or something. Pretty easy to set up a temporary breeding tank.
                -Jonathan

Comment

I've got enough on my hands for now

At least I know when/if I want to, all I have to do is give them their own tank and they go crazy!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                  X