Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why you should never leave me unattended.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why you should never leave me unattended.

I've been at home by myself for over a week now, my only human contact comes from the fleeting moments I see my mom when she stops in to get some cloths before she heads back out to Hospice to sit with her friend, and when I find time to go down down there myself. After the loss of my little Ryukin, Lady Swimmy McNibblekins, to a bee sting, I couldn't HELP but take a peek at the goldfish when I went for crickets and worms for my gecko.

I see, as I have many times before at this pet store, a gorgeous, pure white Oranda. The price? A whopping 15 bucks!! These people are nuts! The thing is only 2 inches long. I then remembered that the same store just 20 minutes away sells their small orandas for just 4.99 >:3

So, I asked the guy about it and he price matched for me (not after he tried to say that their "small" orandas were the cheaper ones and that they only carried the "large" ones. I promptly came back with the size that purchased Magneto at from the other store for $4.99. Customers always right, dude! >=D).

Anyways, he netted the fish out, and gave it to me for the $4.99 She's such a cutie! I told my self I wouldn't replace Swimmy, but I won't think of her as a "replacement" rather than an impulse buy that I just so happen to have room for LOL

With further ado, the reason you should never leave your Akari's unattended:

Last edited by Akari_32; 03-24-2013, 04:24 PM.

She is beautiful congratulations I love the second picture lol
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

My goodness, she is an adorable little thing. You people are going to turn me into a goldfish lover yet. I have sworn up and down that I'm not getting goldfish, but I don't know....
      __________________________________________________ __________
      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thanks guys

Dooooo iiiiiiit, Lori, dooooo iiiiiiit!

Comment

If the one guy had ever gotten back to me about his tank on CL, I would have had 4 of them. But I never heard back .
          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Congrats on the new goldie. She is a cutie! Now you have one that isn't gimpy

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

She's a cutie! I have a pure white common and y can really see the features of the fish when they are all white.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
                If the one guy had ever gotten back to me about his tank on CL, I would have had 4 of them. But I never heard back .
                Aw, mean guy!

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
                Congrats on the new goldie. She is a cutie! Now you have one that isn't gimpy

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
                Only four of my goldfish are gimpy! Bruce, Luna, Brain, Milotic, Spotty, Changey, Feebas and Seeking, the common I haven't named yet, and the fantail I haven't named yet are all perfectly normal! It's just Gimpy, Magneto, Dharma and the telescope that are a little special

Comment

Originally posted by dlondon95 View Post
                  She's a cutie! I have a pure white common and y can really see the features of the fish when they are all white.

Thank you! Changey is all white. Got him from the feeder tank as mostly black, hence his name (as lame and uncreative as it is XD)

Comment

She is a Gem! Welcome to the pond!
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thanks Jim! Here are some more pics

Shes real feisty, so I had to take a video and then take screen shots off the video. I'll upload it in just a sec

Oh, and she wants you guys to know that she's not *fat*, she's *big boned* XD

Comment

Nothing wrong with big boned. She's adorable.
                        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Aww I didn't know about Lady Swimmy McNibblekins, I'm sorry Your new one is adorable though

Comment

Is her head yellow and her tail pinkish or is it just the picture?

Either way, she is beautiful.

Comment

She's not fat... yet.

Pretty fish!
                              -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X