Holy WHOA!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy WHOA!

I'm cleaning out the QT tank that Pudge is in (3 gallon Kritter Keeper) and what do I see but a bunch of eggs all over the gravel! She tactfully released her eggs all over some dead christmas moss that's laying in the gravel. They are very sticky! I got a majority of them out, but there are still quite a few stuck in the gravel, in the moss and one was even on the side of the tank. I wasn't even sure Pudge was a female! It was just a guess after a quick look at her vent LOL I can tell her and Bruce are going to be busy should they ever be housed together LOL
    Last edited by Akari_32; 03-28-2013, 06:37 PM.

haha awesome!
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

That's great! Too much goldfish testosterone in your house I guess. Haha

Comment

She's just swimmin' around poppin' em out lol I'll not feed her tomorrow so she'll eat them.

Comment

That's too funny. I have this image in my head of a little goldfish swimming around popping out eggs.
          __________________________________________________ __________
          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

So do they not hatch or something? Why are you not constantly overrun with eggs?

Comment

Lori, thats exactly what's happening LOL

No, they won't hatch. She's alone, and there has to be a mature male to fertilize them as she releases them.

My only other mature female is Feebas, my 9 inch common, and possibly Luna, my 4 inch black moor. Both are out side where many hungry mouths await <.<

Here's a video! I was trying to get her releasing eggs, but she got camera shy But I did go down to all those eggs in the gravel. If you look really closely at them (in person) you can see the little unfertilized nucleus. Pretty neat!http://&nbsp; <a href="http://www.yo...ata_player</a>

Someone will have to embed that for me
              Last edited by RogueAgent94; 03-28-2013, 07:57 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Comment

You should cook them and see if they taste like chicken eggs.
                When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Caviar! >=D

Thats nasty, actually.... LOL

Comment

I mean like crack them open and fry them up, lil tiny fried eggs.

like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amanda_...ine/490499701/
                    Last edited by aFISHionado; 03-28-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

But-- i don't like seafood (or tank food)!! D:

Comment

Neither do I.... okay, we are gonna have to find someone who loves sea food to try this one for us

Comment

It will just be caviar! I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong...

Comment

No you didn't

Comment

Wow! I just spelled it exactly how it sounded. I tried it once and thought it was awful. I don't know why people spends I much money for it. I guess it's one of those hate it or love it things.

Comment

Working...
                              X