Ulcers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulcers

Pesca is getting little ulcers all over his body Is there anyway to stop them from happening? The look like they hurt

Can you maybe post a picture of the ulcers? Just to further aid us in determining what the problem is.

I would recommend doing daily water changes with Prime and Kordon Fish Protector if you have them. They seem to do wonders whoever something is wrong with my fish.

Comment

Do you have any idea what could have caused them? Like maybe stress for some reason. if they are all over his body, it probably isn't an injury. I would maybe try something like Melafix to see if that helps. Definitely wait for another member because I am far from being experienced in dealing with something like that. That is just what I would do.
      __________________________________________________ __________
      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I am not as familiar with goldie diseases, but the newer strains of angelfish are developing a flesh eating bacteria that can eat a hole through the entire body if the fish doesn't succumb first.

If it is an aggressive disease, and if you believe it to be bacterial, then I'd start with Myracin 1 and 2 simultaneously. You may find that you have to reach for much stronger meds.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

I have already tried maracyn 1 & 2 I will get a video up

Comment

It is hard to see the little ones that are on his body but you can see the larger ones on his fins

Last edited by catsma_97504; 03-30-2013, 03:09 PM. Reason: Fixed video link to use embedded player

Comment

That looks a bit like septicemia. As you've already tried the Myracins I would try anti-bacterial medicated flakes. And do extra water changes to ensure that there is no measurable ammonia or nitrite.
              - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

There isn't any ammonia or nitrite in the water. I test it regularly with the api kit. I also do a 90% wc every week. Are there any specific names for the food that I should be getting?

Comment

Check with Jonathan. I am not aware of any specific brands of medicated foods to suggest.
                  - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

I haven't had a chance to get up to the pet store yet so I have just been doing extra prime dosings. Pesca seems to be responding to just the prime. I have been holding him in a net and poring it directly over him. The larger red spots have already faded

Comment

Glad to hear the spots are fading. Keep us posted.
                      __________________________________________________ __________
                      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Me too I'm happy to hear of improvement
                        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

That is great to hear!
                          Christine

Comment

Working...
                          X