Baby on the Porch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby on the Porch

So I came home this evening from being out most of the day getting chores and such done and I found a very odd looking box on my porch. It looked like two boxes taped together with a present inside. Inside the wrapping paper was another box. Inside that was yet another box with a styrofoam cooler inside. Inside the styrofoam cooler was a little goldfish! A redcap oranda to be specific. The poor guy wasn't in the best of shape. The water was foul, he looked thin, and his fins weren't very nice. I brought him inside started acclimating him to my water. I found a little note inside the box that said, "Jonathan, I remember you talking about one of your forum buddies having goldfish in her pond and another who was accidentally breeding goldfish. I also remembered that your favorite type of goldfish was a redcap oranda and that you hadn't kept a goldfish for nearly 3 years. So when this guy was born in my fishroom I decided I'd send him to you! I hope you like him.

Signed: (.......)
    1/10/13"

Poor guy had been in the box for 10 days! No wonder he was in bad shape. Turns out an old acquaintance of mine from Germany sent him to me. And the forum buddies turned out to be Akari and Oso! I don't like you two very much right now! Get me into all kinds of trouble.

But anyway, here is the baby goldy. He's in my 3g pico tank right now until I find better accommodations for him.

-Jonathan

Baby on the Porch

Wow. He's a lucky one to have survived that! What a nice gift!

I hope he does well for you.

Comment

how is that my fault? I have noooo ideeeea what youre talking about! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA just wait until you get a box with 21 baby goldfish in it

Comment

Oh this is just priceless XD

He's a cutey for sure! Nice wen going on.... He'll be a looker when he's all growed up :3

Comment

Nice looking fish! Glad he made it intact.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thanks . I'm glad he made it alive. Would have been awful to find a dead fish on my porch lol.

It just is Oso! Your goldy babies I'm prepared for lol. I wasn't ready for this one though.
            -Jonathan

Comment

He's cute.

Comment

I love those pictures!! So adorable! Hahaha such a cute story too!
                -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Comment

Baby on the Porch

Congratulations Jonathan he is a little cutey love the feed me face
                  Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

See now this is exactly why you ended up with that little 3gal tank, so you could put him in his own QT for a while.
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I think his name should be Mr. Grumpy Gills. Look at his face in the second to last picture XD

Comment

I missed this thread! How is the little guy now?
                        __________________________________________________ _____
                        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

He died. I think the long journey messed something up inside.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Wow... I am with Matt on this I didn't see the thread... sorry you lost Mr. Grumpy Gills... I would be sending an angry email to your buddy....
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                            2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                            1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                            40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Baby on the Porch

Sorry you lost him

Comment

Working...
                              X