Random thought....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random thought....

If guppies and mollies can breed, and Endlers and guppies can breed, then is it not possible for mollies and Endlers to breed? I ask because I've had a female molly in with Endlers for months and the male Endlers never pay any attention to her or anything. She came preggers (from another molly) from the store but aborted her pregnancy for some reason (the whole reason I got a female was for "free" fish!). Anyways, I just find it weird that they never flirt with her, much less even interact. Maybe the little Endlers are intimated by her size and attitude...? Lol
    Last edited by Akari_32; 03-06-2013, 06:23 PM. Reason: Kill the auto correct!!!!!

Not possible for Killifish to breed with Endlers because Killifish are not livebearers.

Comment

Omg my auto correct!! Endler and Mollies! Where did it pull "killies" out of? I'll go fix that.... Lol
      Last edited by catsma_97504; 04-09-2013, 08:12 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

Originally posted by Akari_32 View Post
        Omg my auto correct!! Endler and Mollies! Where did it pull "killies" out of? I'll go fix that.... Lol
        Sure...uh huh...I believe that...blame it on autocorrect.
        Last edited by catsma_97504; 04-09-2013, 08:13 PM. Reason: Edited language issue from quote

Comment

Dude, auto correct is out to get me sometimes. It wanted to write yuppies instead of guppies when I was posting before LOL

Comment

Yes, it is possible for them to crossbreed. Do you have female endlers in the tank? I'm sure the female molly is still pregnant. They can hold sperm for up to 6 months.
            -Jonathan

Comment

I would think they could but at the same time I could also argue that they cant, HOWEVER Jon usually knows these things lol.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

There are female Endlers in the tank, too, yes. I brought a net full of them in the beginning of winter in case they all died in the ponds (I do actually still have one surviving female in the pond!).

I've had the Molly for a while now. Close to, or longer than 6 months.

Comment

I think the reason your male endlers are ignoring the molly is because of the female endlers then. It's easier to chase something nearer their size .
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Makes sence. I'm still used to crazy-butt guppies that chase and try and mate with ANYTHING. My guys used to go after the Bloodfin Tetras and opaline gourami LOL

Actually now, the females and the Molly are in the 50 gallon because the mean female Endlers were chewing the heck out of Dharma's side when she was having really bad swim bladder issues last week. The Molly is in there because she's just a jerk over all and thought Bruce would keep her in line, but he doesnt lol

Comment

Working...
                    X