Mollies and human hands...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mollies and human hands...

I walked in just now on mom talking to my brother and he said something about you can't put your hand in the tank if you have mollies because they have no scales and it will cause them to get an infection... I feel I need to ask though I know the answer... How true is this... I have never owned a Molly and still don't but yeah... I say it's bull....
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

I am pretty sure that mollies have scales. I have mollies in 3 of my 6 tanks. I have my hands in there all the time. I have even picked up a molly with my bare hands when it jumped out of the net when I was moving it. I have never seen a problem with any of them.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I said they do have scales but mom could care less lol...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

yeah. That isn't true XP. Even scaleless fish can be handled, it's safer then the net. You DO want to make sure your hand is wet before touching the fish though(say if it jumped out)
        Last edited by RogueAgent94; 03-24-2013, 12:08 PM. Reason: Rule #1
        My life is chemical. Blood laced with status quo.
        "I am a firm believer that if you love something enough you set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies." Mindy Kaling

Comment

Yup otos are scaleless and I handle mine on occasion
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I handled my mollies without any issues. They do have scales .
            -Jonathan

Comment

yup thats what I figured need to call him up and re-explain this to him also as if he wants to help with me turtle tank
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Working...
              X