Molly fry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molly fry

So my brother tank is full of livebearers and one of his mollies popped out 12 babies... He has a small fry basket thing made of plastic that floats inside the tank... I guess he lost 10 fry when circulation inside it slowed down when it floated away from the filter... Anyways he moved the fry to his bettas 3g halfmoon tank... Still in that thing which takes up nearly all the air space for the betta... Anyways here's my question...
    What is the smallest tank he could set the fry in where there is no risk of it becoming food but still able to get food... I have a 5g critter keeper he can have for his fry... But would that be to big?

Should I think about getting him one of those hob fuge things? I saw them at petsmart...

I know he and I have had our issues and still do but think of the fish guys...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

I would imagine that a 5G would be fine for now. But as you well know once those fry start growing other arrangements will need to be made.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

Ah okay yeah he just keeps them separated until they are to large to be eaten then back in with mom and dad they go... he was going to use the betta tank as a fry tank but the betta seemed to enjoy the snack lol
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

That's weird he lost them because of the circulation. I have one of those floating fry baskets and I never keep it by the filter. It just kind of goes wherever it wants, and I have never lost fry. But if you are just keeping them long enough to grow enough to eat, then even a 2.5 or large Tupperware container will work for the short term. I don't use the basket any more. I just have a bunch of hornwort floating on top and that's where they all hide until the big boys finally find them.
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Working...
        X