Endlers about to pop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endlers about to pop

My female endler is about to pop... She has all the right signs... Sadly I don't have a breeding box or net thing for her to go in... Would setting her in a 2g with a sponge filter be okay for now? I've never delt with a live bearer before so I don't know... And when's it safe to ship babies? There are all going to zumi and she asked me to save the fry...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Do your endlers eat their offspring? Mine do not, and I've never heard of an instance where they have. Can you not leave the female in with the rest?

Comment

My female is in a tank with 2 cories, 14 black skirt tetras and 4 rosy minnows (plus the other 5 endlers) the babies don't stand a chance...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Yay babies!! With how small endlers are and how minimal their bioload contribution is, I would think putting her in a 2g with a filter would be just fine.

Comment

Your the boss zumi I'll pull some rotala from mavericks jungle and add it to the tank... I think I'll keep it barebottom... Pics to come
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Yeah, they should be fine. Mine never tried to eat their young unless they were VERY hungry. Keep mama fed and they should be fine. Do you have any moss you could add so their is more room to hide? Also, it helped me to keep the lights off most of the time so other fish could't spot the fry as easily.

Comment

Yeah, should be alright. Even though they usually don't eat all their fry it is still best to remove the female once she has given birth.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Pics...Pics...Pics!!!
                It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

... Meh
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

LoL... no Meh... its not like your in the bath...
                    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Lol thought so... I have strange animals... Anyways I haven't set it up yet lol... Still looking for a place to set the tank... All my counters won't be here until Friday or Saturday...
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Moved off topic cat talk and pics here: http://www.everythingaquatic.net/for...hide-aways#top
                        Christine

Comment

Working...
                        X