stocking guppies in a 40g hex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stocking guppies in a 40g hex

How many guppies (male only and male female mix) would i be able to stock in this tank... if its a mix the babies I would be happy to feed them to my turtle Kappa
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

is it a full hex or just a hex front tank? IE are there 6 equal sides or does it more resemble a regular tank with the front corners angled. It will make a difference.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Hex front... let me jump on my cell phone and i will post a picture of current setup... I need to stock more plants but the 2 crabs keep pull up the wisteria and pennywort

Click image for larger version

Name:	1360177209880.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	137507
      Last edited by catsma_97504; 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use the Edit button instead of creating back to back posts.
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Big difference in stocking, You can fit quite the collection in there. Id say at least a good 20 or more males, the more fish the less one will get picked on. As far as trio's I would think around the same number would be good thou if you can up the females even more you will have reproduction faster for a food source lol.

The numbers are probably a bit conservative as I might even try to push it up to near 40 fish myself but that would be with careful monitoring.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I'd say 2 gallons each if doing all male (so, like, 20 or so), and if doing a mixed group, give them 3-4 gallons each, just incase any fry get missed and your numbers slowly creep upwards

If you aren't doing any other fish, you can do a bit more than that.

Comment

Well right now its just the 2 crabs but mom wants about 8 more then the rest would be guppie... until I can find a good algae eater thats brackish... I know nerites but I kinda want a fish algae eater
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I'd go with tenish.

Why is the tank full!? The crabs need dry land to get out on.
              -Jonathan

Comment

I told you Rogue about the dryzonesin the jars.... the 2 crabs spend more time in there with the tank full the when the tank barely had water.... odd crabs imho
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

10 guppies sounds like a good number. Gives you room to let them breed.
                  Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Working...
                  X