Any experience w/ Yunnanilus cruciatus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience w/ Yunnanilus cruciatus

Anybody have experience with Yunnanilus cruciatus? My friend wants to give me his wild caught Yunnanilus cruciatus colony (10-12) because I am the only he knows that will take care of them properly and is stocking his tank in a different direction.

I do have Angels in my tank will that pose a problem? Are they low/med/high bioloads?
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

*points at Jon*
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

I do not suggest keeping them with Angels as they'd probably get eaten. However, I do suggest getting them!! They are some of my favorite loaches. They are extremely peaceful for loaches and are not intimidated by people at all. Some of the most likely out of all loaches to stay out in the open constantly when you're around. They're very active, don't scrounge around the bottom of the tank most of the time like other loaches, and absolutely adore live plants. I would never suggest keeping them in a non-planted tank because you just won't see their true behavior. They love densely planted tanks and actually reproduce quite easily in tanks that have a lot of moss in them. Setting up a small biotype for them would be my suggestion. They do not do well with larger fish because they are easily outcompeted for food but they do well with smaller fish. Best tankmates for them IMO are microrasboras. Also, they do not like fast flowing water. They are endemic to very sluggish water and prefer to stay in areas of the tank where there isn't much of a current.

Originally posted by Raerianna View Post
      *points at Jon*
      LOL
      -Jonathan

Comment

I so pegged it
        ~Erin
        10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Originally posted by Raerianna View Post
          I so pegged it
          I can't help it! They're found in India. It's a given that I know about most fish in India lol.
          -Jonathan

Comment

My research says they are from Vietnam.

I think I'm gonna pass on these guys, not allowed to start another tank unless a QT
            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

Yeah hats where they were originally discovered. But they are also found in some places in India. Especially in the far north east.

Awe that's too bad. They are little fish. I bet you could keep them in one of your small tanks for a while.
              Last edited by RogueAgent94; 04-19-2013, 01:49 PM.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                Yeah hats where they were originally discovered. But they are also found in some places in India. Especially in the far north east.

Awe that's too bad. They are little fish. I bet you could keep them in one of your small tanks foe a while.
                coughenablercough

Comment

I don't deny it
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Would a 10 gallon work?
                    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

Yeah, that could be a temporary home for them. They're pretty tiny lol.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                        Yeah, that could be a temporary home for them. They're pretty tiny lol.
                        How about a whiskey barrel pond?
                        Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

That works lol. Just make sure the temp is somewhat stable.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                          X