Dojo Loach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo Loach

My Dojo is nipping/eating my female Angels caudal and anal fin! Is this behavior odd?

I notice he really likes to eat. I get home and he's active. Swimming in front of the tank back and forth. Maybe I need to feed twice a day?
    Christine

Re: Dojo Loach

Loaches tend to do that with longer finned fish. That's why they are usually not kept with fish like Angels and Goldfish. Personally I don't think it is a good idea to keep them together.
    -Jonathan

Comment

I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know.

I'll remove him. Hope I can catch him. Lol
      Christine

Comment

Yeah. Kinda like plecos with discus. Once they get a taste of it they don't give up.
        -Jonathan

Comment

I wasted know time getting him out. Lol came to the surface and scooped him out and threw him in my larger tank. I'll probably never get him out of that tank! Lol hope no issues in there. No long finned fish.
          Christine

Comment

Good job! I hate trying to catch loaches lol.
            -Jonathan

Comment

Christine

Comment

lol good catch! when I moved my 75 I gave up and just left some water in it for all the khulis even with only a few inches I couldnt catch them lol
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Guess I got lucky, huh.

I haven't seen the little guy since I put him in there. Lol

Edit: seems to be doing okay. The larger tank is probably better for him anyways.
                  Christine

Comment

Any fish likes more space I would think.
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I always found Dojos to be easy catch's, most of them don't mind a little handling in the first place.
                      My life is chemical. Blood laced with status quo.
                      "I am a firm believer that if you love something enough you set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies." Mindy Kaling

Comment

It's too bad that i had to move him as I hardly see him or if I want to see him I have to look for him and that's usually in the back of the tank in the corners. I have to spot feed him as well.

I want to eventually get a few more but who knows when my lfs will get them in again. I'm not even sure if the others even made it from the ICH breakout.
                        Christine

Comment

Working...
                        X