Jumper.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumper.

I looked over at my tank because I noticed my Danios were acting weird. I counted 6. There should be 7. I counted again, still 6. I got up and looked around inside the tank. 6. I looked behind the tank and there was a dried out Danio on the ground.

I admit I'm not very attached to them because they're pretty much dithers, but without their buddy they just seem sad. It's almost like they're mourning. :/

Every once in a while I'll be woken up by a thunk from a Danio hitting the tank lid. I usually just chuckle because they're always okay. I guess now I'll start checking around the tank every morning and night. Role call for my fishes.

To make matters worse, he had to try HARD to get out of this tank. It's not like there's gaping holes or anything.
    -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Sorry. Sometimes fish just jump. No idea why. I lost a couple loaches a few weeks ago cause of that. One after another my gorgeous yo-yos just jumped out of the tank.
    -Jonathan

Comment

sorry to hear man. never fun to lose fish like that.
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

wish my danios would jump tank.....Kidding KIDDING...kinda. Sorry to hear about your little flyer.
        My life is chemical. Blood laced with status quo.
        "I am a firm believer that if you love something enough you set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies." Mindy Kaling

Comment

I had a MIA Giant Danio. Found him behind the monitor stove that is next to the tank one day. All dried up. He really had to get airborne. Ever since I made sure that there were no holes or gaps. lol Haven't lost another since.

Sorry about your beloved Loaches Jonathan.
          Christine

Comment

I found another one on the floor today, this time in front of the tank! I feel like I should be placing buckets of water all around the tank or something. I tested my water and the parameters are what they have always been: .25 ammonia (can't get it to go away), 0 nitrites, 40-80 nitrates and 7.8 ph. My nitrates used to be 80+ in the past, moving here to a different county has only lowered them a little bit. One fish jumped out 2 days before a water change, this one jumped out either last night or this morning (lights aren't on when I leave for work) after the water change last night. All the other fish seem as happy as could be (except they constantly beg lol). I'm doing what I can by cutting some plastic mesh canvas to fill the gaps where they're likely jumping out of.

I'm beyond baffled. I feel like I'm missing something!
            -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Aww that stinks, I'm sorry I cover any holes with double-sided packing tape, you may want to consider that too.

Comment

My planted tank is open top believe it or not. Lol
                Christine

Comment

Mike, what are the water parameters with untreated tap water?

Fish will jump when they don't like the water parameters. I am wondering as they have jumped soon after a water change that something may be going on.
                  - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                  Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                  Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
                    Mike, what are the water parameters with untreated tap water?

Fish will jump when they don't like the water parameters. I am wondering as they have jumped soon after a water change that something may be going on.
                    Ah, but in my post I said one jumped 2 days prior to a water change. That's what has me so confused! Nothing is different.
                    -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

I missed that. Oops.

I would still be interested in knowing the parameters of your untreated source water.
                      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                      Socrates

Comment

Working...
                      X