What have I done!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have I done!?

So my friend calls me up today and tells me that he got two Killi fish for his 29gallon but they didn't get along with his Kribs who were nesting(he's new to this). So i'm thinking, the LFS has some various killi species in right now, they had some small blue ones and reds and such, sure of actual species for them but they were all very very small. I told him I shouldn't have an issue housing them in the 37gal right?

NOPE.

He just dropped em off. Golds. GOLDS.

You wanna talk about huge? GEEZ PEOPLE. They're like 5-6" each and the female is preggers.

I think The 37 will still do for them but it means i am 100% stocked. What even? On the bright side I actually went to the LFS today to get Ghost shrimp as snacks, out of the 12 I got 8 of them are mature females with eggs. Ended up putting em in the fry tank with more moss.

Speaking of youngins, what am I supposed to do when the giant sharks give birth? those babies must come out like small adult mollys.

So pics right? The male is actually much darker and has TONS of red on him, wasn't sure if he was even a gold at the time. The female is just huge. Like really there is no reason to be so big.

They are in a jumbo fish bag. They make my female gold barbs look like danios.

Also, my fry tank is doing well with my swordtail fry, 4 orange babies. Plus the ghosts now and I guess killi in the future.
    My life is chemical. Blood laced with status quo.
    "I am a firm believer that if you love something enough you set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies." Mindy Kaling

Dude if I had a bigger tank I'd steal them... So cool looking!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Are they yours permanently? Can you take them to the lfs? Or....can you buy a bigger tank? Yeah, that's the answer.

They are beautiful.
      __________________________________________________ __________
      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

LFS doesn't want em back, hence why I have them. I mean, they are max'd out. I measured them at 5 and 5.5". They will be fine in the tank, their just really big. The biggest thing I have owned is my male swordtail. They don't seem to be super active either, everything i read points to a calm fish. However, everything i read also states that the max size on gold killi panchax is 4". So yeah. Also, i can't find any good pics that look like my male. He is'nt yellow, hes red
        Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 09-27-2013, 09:24 PM.
        "I am a firm believer that if you love something enough you set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies." Mindy Kaling

Comment

They remind me of little gar fish, cool looking I know very little about killies, are those annuals?
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCf9o...ature=youtu.be Super short video on them.

Also, Killifish are not livebearers. Not sure why i put this here..... can it be moved? I think it would go in the oddball section or what not.

It seems I have a Goan variety of the normal gold, different species almost, just comes from a different location if I am reading right. Common in germany if all th translating i'm doing counts?

Comment

They are very pretty! You now have an excuse for a bigger tank!

Comment

They are beautifully colored... face though reminds me of a barracuda
                It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Awesome tank and I like the new additions!
                  When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

The males colors this morning are just amazing. He looks like a mini arapima, the female is still just huge.

Comment

I've never kept killifish and don't know much about them but yours are really pretty they look like their smiling

Would love to see more pictures Sol
                      Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I'll get on that, The male was showing off for me today XP.

Comment

As Monty would say excellent
                          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

And the pictures are
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                            2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                            1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                            40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I tried to get good ones but all they wanted to do was breed XP. Sorry about all the water marks X-x waterchange day got a lil wet.

Comment

Working...
                              X