Rainbowfish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbowfish

Well, not sure what to think of my Rainbowfish. They never did color up like I had expected. Definitely a disappointment in the color department, but they do bring a lot of activity to the tank!

Pictures were taken at the start of a water change. Please ignore the bubbles.

- Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Not very rainbowy looking, but pretty fish none the less.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I agree still pretty I bet they are fun to watch zooming about what kind are they Dena?
      Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

They look like Australians. That's a shame they didn't color up for you. They could be females as they are a lot less colorful than males.

Comment

I have 3 males and 2 females. All are very low in color. Yes, they are Australian Rainbows; but I suspect they may have been crosses or inbred too much and lost most of their color. They are often spawning, so I know they are in good health....the only other reason I could think of to explain their lack of color.
          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

They have some OK color in their fins in those shots, there are days that my parkinsoni rainbows are almost washed out grey, and then days where the male has the briliant deep orange to red fins and some scales in the body. Have you thought about lights and color? I have mine with a 2 bulb t5HO setup, one 6.5k and one rose. Might make a differnece.
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

That is a good thought Jim. I need to get new lights. Hopefully this summer. Lights for the 125 is not cheap.
              - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Still pretty fish. I'm fairly certain yours are mutts. I rarely see plain rainbows though. Even inbred rainbows that I've seen are colorful.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Have you ever mixed together all the different kinds of jello they make? I have and I thought it would come out like a rainbow, but it comes out black... That's probably what happened with your rainbows. Lol

Comment

Swapped the Rainbows with the Gold Barbs in an attempt to regain peace in my planted tank. Rainbows still haven't settled in, but they are at least showing a tiny bit of color...

- Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Aww that's a shame, their fins are still quite orange though, especially in the last picture

Comment

Now that looks alot more like a rainbow! Much better, kinda look like mine do now, thou mine are a bit bigger than those, I think my smallest of my four ausies is about a shade smaller than that one in front.
                        -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

How big are you rainbows? These guys are over 4 inches. They are bigger than some of my angels!
                          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

ahh ok so yeah all about the same size then. They just look smaller in the pic.
                            -Jim-

Comment

I want rainbows but no one near me sells them and the one places that does wants $15.00 for one :-(. Yours are beautiful
                              Jessi

Comment

Working...
                              X