Dwarf Puffers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf Puffers

there was a request for a some puffer pics....but they refused to hold still. heres the one pic that kinda came out, and video of breakfast

Click image for larger version

Name:	pufferes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	141736

36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Sooo cute haha! Why you no talk...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

there wasnt much to annouce with this one
      36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

And... You saw my vid... Lol not much there either
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

omg...you are flaring my ocd... I gotta crink in my neck lol
          It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
          As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Thank you Heather they are just so adorable

How big is their tank? How many have you got in there?
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Its a 29g
              6 dwarf puffers (tough pants, bravo, Millie, tiny, lil leopard, and spots), 2 boys (tough pants and bravo) and 4 girls
              6 kuhli loaches

Comment

It looks fantastic I always thought puffers had to be kept alone. Definitely going to do a pea puffer tank for Oliver when we move

Comment

hmmmm and here I had a 29 with nothing to do....now I have ideas.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Ooooooo I think you should they're too cute not too

Comment

I need to get the finances to rebuild the fish room first.
                      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

They don't need to be alone, but they do need space. 5g per puffer, to give space for attitude and bioload (carnivores poo a lot). Ive seen 5g for the first puffer and 3g/ additional recommended on dwarfpuffer.com and I'm considering uping my crew a little. I haven't seen any aggression, except a lil chasing at breakfast. But id only be willing if I could find puffers that were old enoughbto sex, and the store that sells them almost always has juvies. I think I could safely add 1-3 docile females. Bravo couldn't handle sharing his girls with anyone but tough pants.
                        I got lucky adding my loaches early as well. My puffers were all still young when the kuhlis went in, and no one had reached the snippy adolescent stage until they had already accepted the kuhlis.
                        My crew does refuse any food that isn't live. I feed blackworms most meals, and tiny rammy and pond snails for a treat one or twice a week. They only eat micro snails with soft shells whole, but the clean out the shells on good small ones. I cant give them snails bigger then their eye, the don't get the snail shell cleaned all the way and they get gross.
                        Last edited by featherblue; 04-17-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Cute fish!!
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Thanks for the video, they are sooooo cute!! Definitely on my "fish wish" list.
                            __________________________________________________ _____
                            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                            X