I'm such a bad person! >.<

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm such a bad person! >.<

Hm... Theres no Gourami forum in this place. Just noticed that lol But anyways...

Ugh, I feel so bad! I got 4 fish from my uncle today, and one of them, a terribly-aggressive-just-for-the-heck-of-it 6 inch male Gold Gourmai, has to be shut up in a 3 gallon tank. I just can't justify putting him my 20 long (which the other 3 fish shouldn't even be in, but at least they will get along with my current stock, and I can just up my water changes for now). He's so dang mean! I'd rather him be cramped up until I can figure out what to do with him then put my other fish at risk of being beaten up or killed. I've seen this guy in action, and its not pretty! Poor dude got the short end of the stick. I've literally got no other place for him, and no room or money to even get a cheapy $12 10 gallon at WalMart. I feel bad for him... :| Any ideas?

Re: I'm such a bad person! &gt;.&lt;

Take him to the LFS for store credit!
    -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94
      Take him to the LFS for store credit!
      The LFS doesn't give store credit, but taking him there is a thought. Some times they have fish for a really long time, though. But I think he'd rather be in a 15 gallon with a couple other Three Spots than be in this stupid 3 gallon... <.<

Comment

What about a different LFS. I'm sure you could find someone who would be willing to pay shipping for him.
        -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94
          What about a different LFS. I'm sure you could find someone who would be willing to pay shipping for him.
          The nest closest one that I know of is about 45 minutes away. That one was also a thought LOL I'm not sure if they'd take abandoned fish, though. They don't seem like that kind of place. They are more run like a chain store. Plus they are in the middle of major remodeling. Their sales tanks are down to less than half the normal number, and the fish are pretty well piled in, except their larger cichlids that need their space. My life is so complicated right now LOL If I could magically find the time to go to the nearest (really not so near, surprisingly...) Post Office and get all the stuff and a probably some heat packs, I'd consider shipping most of these guys out. At least this dang Gourami. The Angels and Pearl Gourami seem fine, for the moment, in the 20 long.

Comment

Looks like we need to create another forum!

Reading about your aggressive gourami made me think of my angel woes. I have a very aggressive male who killed my DD Black angel and who was working on my Smokey Veiltail male. So, I moved the aggressive one into the 125G with 4 other angels. It took less than 10 minutes for him to turn the entire tank into a war zone. So, he is now cooling his jets in a 12G. Which, like you, is far too small, but the only place I have available currently.

I may have to sell him. He is fine being the only angel or being alone with a female angel. And, he is the father of my 3 month old angels. Love the fact that he can parent raise his fry, but that aggression. Ugh....

- Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Wow, little turd! I guess there's no pleasing him!

I'm gunna see about putting this dude on Craigslist. There are tons of people around here with large display tanks, and I think that's what he needs. Somewhere that he feels like he doesn't have any limits. And maybe a couple other fish that will stand up to whatever he dishes it out LOL
              Last edited by catsma_97504; 01-20-2013, 10:44 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

Make sure you have a small rehoming fee. A lot of people pick up free fish off craigslist to feed to larger fish like FHs and Oscars.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Yeah, I know. Lol

Comment

wow couple of little turds lately. Good luck with the new aquisitions!
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thanks. I'm gunna stop by the lfs on the way home from class today, since I ordered some Horned Nerites, and see if he'll trade me. Hopefully he'll at least let me leave the fish there.

Comment

Working...
                      X